Junk

Riggleman

Mar 7, 2016
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ever have those days where all you find is junk. Went to a very very heavily hit CW site. Turned up nails and half a horse shoe. Asked permission to search an ajoining field and again nails and junk. Only items we pulled from either field was iron. Wondering if all the good stuff is gone. Positive is we obtained new hunting ground. If it hasn't been cleaned out.

Upvote 6

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All the time. One good find changes everything...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cobgrats on the new permission. What are you swinging?

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happens more than people think. All we see here are the good finds for the most part. CW sites have been targeted for years and the easy finds are few and far between. But that doesn't mean there isn't still stuff there. We've hunted pounded ground and dig every single and it has paid off. You just have to work harder on these sites but to me it makes the good finds that much better. Try to hunt after a good rain and target areas that are thick with brush or hard and steep to get to. If you don't want to hunt it, chances are other people don't either. Good luck[emoji256]

PS look at it like this: Your eating leftovers, but sometimes day old spaghetti is the best. Lol[emoji12]
HH, Relic Nut

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever have those days where all you find is junk. Went to a very very heavily hit CW site. Turned up nails and half a horse shoe. Asked permission to search an ajoining field and again nails and junk. Only items we pulled from either field was iron. Wondering if all the good stuff is gone. Positive is we obtained new hunting ground. If it hasn't been cleaned out.

You only need 1 gold coin under the horseshoe, to make all that iron digging worth it. Seen Cru’Dad do exactly that.
Monday, I had a Roman coin butt up against a large bit of iron.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All is not lost. Securing a new permission is like gold nowadays! Go back, go slow, dig deep. Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Riggleman

Riggleman

Mar 7, 2016
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use Garrett AT Pro and my girlfriend uses my old Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro. One signal I dug was deep. Around 10 inches I recovered a piece of stoneware then an inch or so below it was a shard of iron when I got to the stoneware I was pumped good feeling knowing my detector was picking up small pieces of iron at 12+ inches.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have I ever done that? Man, I wrote the book, but I'm too embarrassed to publish it! I mentioned in another post the other day that I got a great permission to hunt a 1900 home site this past weekend. I expected to find some vintage copper and silver, and after 8 long hours of hunting, all I had to show for it was a couple of smashed Hot Wheels cars! But I guarantee you that I'm already over that and looking forward to the next weekend!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread