Last Two Hunts. A nice Two Center and some Great Artifacts.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post will be a little pic heavy folks I'm gonna include yesterday and today's hunt in the same post. I got out with my friend Dave yesterday to a field site. There was broken pottery and glass scattered all over the place which is always a good sign when you're standing in the middle of a field. Started swinging and it only took about 2 minutes and i had my first find of the day. A nice Conestoga bell. It read up as a nice 12-38 on the E-trac.

001.JPG 002.JPG

A couple minutes later and I got a strong 12-43 hit but it was pinpointing shallow and a little bigger than a coin. I was thinking possible beer can and was surprised to see this after I popped some dirt up with my shovel.

003.JPG 004.JPG A second Conestoga Bell.
005.JPG 006.JPG
007.JPG With signals like this in the field I was excited to see what else we could pull out of it. Next signal was hitting like an indian head cent would on my detector. 12-35. I was thinking indian head all the way and was surprised when a small brass key came out.

008.JPG 009.JPG

Pulled out what I thought was a copper next but it read pretty low (12-30) on my detector so I was thinking counterfeit KG as a possibility.
010.JPG 011.JPG When I got home I cleaned it up a little bit and was able to read some lettering on the object. I can see "patent" and "Regina". From my experience ( I dug one years ago) I believe this to be a lock plate cover and I'm thinking it will also say "Victoria" on it somewhere under the dirt. Here's a pic I took of it after a little cleaning. You can see the imperfection in roundness on my index finger.

025.JPG

The finds just kept coming. We were only there about 2 and a half hours. Popped out a crotal bell next.

017.JPG 018.JPG

A bridle rosette I think. No evidence of a shank on the back.

021.JPG 020.JPG

001.JPG

An indian head cent (1886) at 10+ inches.

012.JPG 013.JPG

More pics and pics of today's hunt, including a nice two center, some site pics and a compilation pic to follow.

Last edited:
Upvote 11
OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did some foundation hunting today. Here's one of the foundations we hunted.

006.JPG 007.JPG
012.JPG

Pulled up an 1865 two cent piece today and another key. This one was iron though, unlike yesterdays brass one.

003.JPG 016.JPG

015.JPG

Compilation pics.

018.JPG 019.JPG
020.JPG 021.JPG

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds and documentation. The bells and keys are my favs, along with the bridal rosette. Great work! (I remain terribly jealous of your Vermont coppers :laughing7: )

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pics of the foundations are awesome. Great job on the finds
Thanks. That's my friend Tony detecting in the foundation.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a beautiful place to hunt and a nice variety of finds you made! Good luck on your return trip!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks like you found a BRASS Shotgun shell!! I wanna one bad !! Is It??

Fattony315

May 17, 2013
Up state ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, that was a long day. Got a little bit of stuff. Your coin won lunch, at least you got that. Good finds.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keys and bells, coins and shells,,, sounds like the beginning of a song
Maybe "A Treasure Hunter's Melody"
Congrats on some nice hunts

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, that was a long day. Got a little bit of stuff. Your coin won lunch, at least you got that. Good finds.
A lot of walking today but at least there weren't too many hills involved.

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like you found a BRASS Shotgun shell!! I wanna one bad !! Is It??
It is. We've hit a couple fields now that have turned up a few of those. Thanks for the reply.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread