Two Hour Hunt. Only coin find was a Two Cent Piece.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted with my friends Tony and Dave today in a field that has produced some nice things. Only hunted for about 2 hours today. My first find...and only coin find for the day was an 1864 Two cent piece. That's my second for the year and my seventh overall. Found an 1865 one this past Saturday while foundation hunting in the woods.

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

008.JPG 009.JPG

Found a few other things today.... a button, a musket ball, some obligatory silverware pieces and a few whats-its. I thought this religious medallion thingy was a pretty interesting find.

005.JPG 004.JPG

Compilation pic. Thanks for looking.

006.JPG

Upvote 9

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That 2 Cent is sweet. Plenty of 1864's to go around. Looks like a nice site and the religious item is also cool.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great coin. Congratulations and stay with that site. There's probably more to cone

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd hunt WELL over two hours, just to find that pile of great stuff...! :thumbsup:

GrandBlancDig

Mar 26, 2015
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - 11" coil ~ TRX bullseye ~ Predatortools Intrepid ~ Predatortools Raptor ~ Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you're going to find one coin, that one will certianly work!!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice couple hrs of digging

Fattony315

May 17, 2013
Up state ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 cent rob, you find more 2 centers than anyone I know. It seems that you find them when I with you. Maybe I'm the 2 cent good luck.

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 cent rob, you find more 2 centers than anyone I know. It seems that you find them when I with you. Maybe I'm the 2 cent good luck.
I'm definitely getting lucky with them lately. The size of the coin isn't confusing to me any more. They're slightly larger than nickels.. especially shield nickels (which are slightly smaller than the other nickels) and usually come out a different color (deep green) so it makes you hesitate a bit if you've never dug one as far as IDing it goes. I'm almost positive my two cent streak will end at two hunts. :laughing7:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mack0238

May 10, 2015
Rochester, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES!!!! Another 2-Center!

All your relics/bits are still worth the two-hours of hunting... but the 2-cent-piece sky-rockets the hunt into a phenomenal day. That seated-site you're on will continue to produce for sure. If any of the site is plowed... then every time it's plowed it should yield more. Way to go on "foundation hunting". The best kind of metal detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread