Digging An Old Dump Site

Old Finger

May 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello first time poster here. I have an old house site on my property and was doing some digging near it today and must have found and old dump site of some sorts. There is 100's maybe 1000's of broken plates and bottles and tons of old cans and old metal objects but manged to pull out a few decant finds. The ball next to the wheat penny seems to be a clay marble? The buttons are not made out of plastic not sure if its glass or something eles. Not sure what the last pic is i thought it was a pocket watch but i oped it and seemed to be full of old wood. Ill be out digging again tomorrow and hopefully i have more stuff to post Bottle toppers.jpg Buckles.jpg Buttons.jpg Cream.jpg Glass toppe.jpg Ink well.jpg Jar.jpg Knife.jpg Lighter 1.jpg Lighter 2.jpg Ligter 3.jpg Peeny ball.jpg pipes 2.jpg Pipes.jpg Poket watch cover.jpg Poket watches.jpg Reeds bottle leg.jpg Watch.jpg

Upvote 17

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tresurenet! Great pictures, I can't wait to see what else is in there! I have one full pipe, they are hard to find whole! HH

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Some neat recoveries there! Congrats.

The watch case with old wood looking stuff ,could have been used with all those pipes..for tobacco maybe.
The rectangular shaped piece is a match box . The one end is for striking the match on to light it.
Here is a picture of part of one I'd like to find the top to still...
IMG_0109.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Old Finger

May 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome thanks for the info releventchair, sweet looking case as well

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. The buttons look to be made of porcelain. I've found a few at old home sites. I think they date to the turn of the century

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got some great stuff there...I like the bottle tops and the ink well!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a wonderful way to start the day. Welcome to the Party. You have a wonderful place to play there and on your own property. I can't wait to see what else you pull out. That would be an all day party for me. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Go Bills

Jul 7, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Nice Larkin cold cream tin - made in Buffalo, my neck of the woods!

Not sure if you're in or near Buffalo, but the larkin building is very famous around here. It's near south buffalo and the area around it is experiencing a lot of new construction and revitalization - it's called "Larkinville"

Well the original building was demolished in typical Buffalo fashion. Back taxes were owed, it was sold, and was demolished for a truck stop that was never built. Pretty stupid.

Here's some about the original Larkin building on Wikipedia, it was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, famous architect.

Here's the current Larkin at exchange building

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Old Finger

May 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Larkin cold cream tin - made in Buffalo, my neck of the woods!

Not sure if you're in or near Buffalo, but the larkin building is very famous around here. It's near south buffalo and the area around it is experiencing a lot of new construction and revitalization - it's called "Larkinville"

Well the original building was demolished in typical Buffalo fashion. Back taxes were owed, it was sold, and was demolished for a truck stop that was never built. Pretty stupid.

Here's some about the original Larkin building on Wikipedia, it was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, famous architect.

Here's the current Larkin at exchange building

Sweet thanks for the links. Im in Kingston Ma.
Go Jets

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have a nice honey hole that is going to keep you busy for awhile.

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's some great stuff, keep digging, keep posting !

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent dump hunt! You found many excellent relics! Congratualtions.

I love the clay pipes. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread