Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The park that gave me wheats and buffs on Sunday was my destination for a hunt today.

I headed back to the same area and started off the day with an 1895 Indian head cent, a wheat and a clad dime. I met another detectorist, Eugene, from Fells Point. He has been detecting for about two years. He let me know that he'd found 2 SLQs recently in the area I was detecting. That sounded good to me.

The first silver I found was near the base of a tree and is a childs Sterling ring; it looks Victorian to me, but that's my word for anything "old" looking. Lots of wheats today as well. I made it back eventually to the slope by the trees and dug a 1920 Buffalo, but there was another signal in the hole; it turned out to be the 1899O Barber quarter. This park has been really good to me on Barber quarters; today's was number four or five. Somewhere amongst all the digs I came up with a bottle cap, but there was another signal in the hole and that was the gold-toned ring that is marked "HONG KONG"; this tested out as 18K but it may be plated and I could have been testing the plating. Toward the end of the hunt, as I was circling the area, the 1940 Merc turned up; it was actually in the sidewall and I could just as easily put a gash along it with the shovel. The wheats today numbered 11, with 7 dating from 1914 through 1937. Really like this new shovel from Predator tools; it's good on roots and does not bend! Definitely dug the usual trash: deep iron, pull tabs, can slaw, aluminum bottle caps and steel bottle tops, but I think the good targets had the "upper hand" today.

Thanks for checking out the picks!
Finds.jpg
Thanks for

Last edited:
Upvote 17
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Art! You were right about the silver being there.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Dan! Appreciate you checking out the pic and leaving your comment.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Casper-2! Appreciate your stopping by, commenting and dropping me a "Very Nice"!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my! The good stuff showed up for you. Great recoveries that big silver and the ring. Well done congrats and happy hunting

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the silver and other cool coins! :occasion14:

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Professor! The silver and other items got me a 2nd place on the comp board at our club meeting this evening. 2nd place prize: 2 silver dimes!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Diggin Dude! The detectorist I met there on Tuesday had previously dug two slick SLQs from the same general area, so I was hopeful that I'd find silver, too.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Wild! Appreciate your comment. It was worth the traffic jam in the city on the way back home!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Skippy SH13! It was one of those days. I really didn't want to leave, but the clock and my body were telling me to stop. As it was, my wife beat me home.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was a good day in any book- congrats!!

-- Jeff --

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Jeff! As you know, there are bountiful times and lean times on the hunting trail. Thankful for that and the ability to just get out and enjoy the hobby!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread