Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out late afternoon after thunderstorms moved through to my new hunting areas. After finding a few memorials, Jefferson nickel, pulltabs and junk with my DEUS I got kind of a broken quarter reading. Quarter reading? Keep in mind Target ID numbers with the DEUS are not very accurate in salt water areas, at least with my experience. Nevertheless I decided to dig a hole hoping for a silver quarter, when pin pointing I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a gold rimmed and during my excitement I called my friend Don-in-Brewster (TNET member) and told him what I found!

I was so excited I couldn't concentrate on detecting, kept going for an hour longer, managed to find a subway token, I guess, who cares..... I found a FREAKIN GOLD COIN!

I don't know what else to write, I'm so excited and happy to share this excitement. I put the coin back in the hole for a photo to show how deep it was. Enjoy the photos.

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465351446.495015.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465351466.850720.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465351478.265929.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465351492.403848.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465351511.204819.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465351526.894451.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465351549.739668.jpg

Upvote 139
OP
OP
Diggin Dude

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what it al labout. Great job My turn next

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That coin is a a show stopper! Congrats on such a rare piece and banner find.

OP
OP
Diggin Dude

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A long string of saliva is hanging from my mouth its called drool. Thats right im drooling. Unbelievable. im going to use the image of that coin for motivation today. When I figure out how to nominate somthing for banner yours will be it. Great job. !!!

Thanks for the kind words. I saw plenty of awesome finds on this website to keep me inspired and plugging away. I've had some nice finds, you never know what you can dig up next. :occasion14:

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks LC !!! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve, I don't think I'll sleep a wink tonight.
Know exactly how you feel.I found a 1915 Indian head $5 back in mid Feb.that's it in the tiny photo next to my user name.I left it on my plug with detector turned on next to it and went to my truck for 30minutes while I smoked an entire cigar with trembling hands and txted people.lol.Huge congrats to you sir.
Went out late afternoon after thunderstorms moved through to my new hunting areas. After finding a few memorials, Jefferson nickel, pulltabs and junk with my DEUS I got kind of a broken quarter reading. Quarter reading? Keep in mind Target ID numbers with the DEUS are not very accurate in salt water areas, at least with my experience. Nevertheless I decided to dig a hole hoping for a silver quarter, when pin pointing I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a gold rimmed and during my excitement I called my friend Don-in-Brewster (TNET member) and told him what I found!

I was so excited I couldn't concentrate on detecting, kept going for an hour longer, managed to find a subway token, I guess, who cares..... I found a FREAKIN GOLD COIN!

I don't know what else to write, I'm so excited and happy to share this excitement. I put the coin back in the hole for a photo to show how deep it was. Enjoy the photos.

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting

View attachment 1322974 View attachment 1322975 View attachment 1322976 View attachment 1322977 View attachment 1322978 View attachment 1322979 View attachment 1322980

OP
OP
Diggin Dude

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Know exactly how you feel.I found a 1915 Indian head $5 back in mid Feb.that's it in the tiny photo next to my user name.I left it on my plug with detector turned on next to it and went to my truck for 30minutes while I smoked an entire cigar with trembling hands and txted people.lol.Huge congrats to you sir.

Congrats on yours !! People were near (30-40 yards) where I was detecting and were looking at me as I was on the phone, I must of looked like I found something of importance, one gentleman came over and asked me if I found anything..,.... I told him clad and bottle caps, didn't want to advertise my find. It was hard to contain my excitement. I didn't lie, I just didn't mention the gold coin.

Thanks for your reply :occasion14:

Last edited:

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i still await that day! a massive congratz, and what an awesome looking coin at that!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
All of us seasoned detectorists know the exitement of seeing that silver reeded edge in the hole. I can only imagine, but hope to live the feeling of seeing the gold reeded edge!
Thanks for posting that beauty and congratulations on the find/banner.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats and welcome to the gold coin club. Be sure to send in an entry for Western & Eastern Treasures magazine's Find of the Year. All gold coins make the edition as part of the Gold Coin Club. I made it a few years ago with a nice 1905 quarter eagle.

OP
OP
Diggin Dude

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats and welcome to the gold coin club. Be sure to send in an entry for Western & Eastern Treasures magazine's Find of the Year. All gold coins make the edition as part of the Gold Coin Club. I made it a few years ago with a nice 1905 quarter eagle.

Thanks Ed, I'll do that. [emoji41]

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLY GOLDEN INJUN! WTG on the find of a lifetime!

I remember how I felt when I dug my 1663 Cob, couldn't focus for the rest of the hunt and was too distracted.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your 2nd Banner DD, love that coin. I hope your still high on life, I know I am from digging the 1/2 real last Saturday.

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread