1 silver dime

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sidewalk dime 003 (Custom).jpg sidewalk dime 005 (Custom).jpg I got out last Sunday after church and found 1 coin and it was a 1946 silver Rosie. Hottest day of the year and after having chest pains I gave it up and went home. Nothing I could find in this sidewalk tear out is worth ending up in the hospital. Had rhythm problems that evening and missed church Wednesday night due to same problem. I'm not complaining because at 62 years old and disabled, I got off lucky for getting so frustrated I couldn't get out early when it's cool, I almost made a terrible error in judgment.
City had dug up most of the old dirt and replaced it with fill dirt full of metal and drove me and my detector crazy. Started out with the stock coil on the at/pro and went to the 5 x 8 and planned to go to the sniper coil until the heat got to me.
Planned on going back this Sunday because of cooler temps, but had a go round with my Mama's loveseat this morning and the loveseat won. Broke my middle toe on my right foot and had to get out the old walking stick and cancelled my plans for detecting this weekend.
Happy Father's Day to all you Dads. I'm cooking for my oldest brother's family, who is the only one of us to have kids and hope all the rest of you and your families celebrate your Dads day this weekend.

Last edited:
Upvote 9

mc2

Feb 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry to hear that and I hope you feel better so you can go back to MD

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on Silver!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats on the silver. I know what disability is like. Glad you are doing something for Fathers Day. Sorry for your bad luck with the love seat. Sure wasn't that loving.

Hope you can get out and relax more.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats on pulling that silver, hope you get feeling better soon. GL

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dime save bad fight with the chair. Take it easy for awhile, that silver won't go anywhere.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful safety first k!!!!

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope you are back to swinging the coil soon. But don't rush yourself, the coins will be waiting for you when you get ready.

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are tearing up the other side of the street today and I'm not land hunting for a while yet, but do plan to try and hit the river early in the am between 6-9 am and see if I can use the scoop as good with my left foot as the right foot. My doctor told me I had vertigo this morning and low vitamin d and gave me an ekg and I hope she's right. I've been putting off getting in the river until I saw her, but will try it in the morning if I can get away. Happy hunting and hope I find something worth posting tomorrow.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver dime. Good thing you have enough sense to know when something is not right with your body. Glad your o.k. & hope you feel better soon.

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver. I know I don't have to tell you that there's no coin, or relic, that's worth more than your health. Get better and then hunt all you can. Will the city tell you where they dump the dirt that they dig out?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice silver dime find, I hope you feel better soon. :occasion14:

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about asking the city about the dump site, but I don't think I could work it right now.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver.
I have trouble knowing my own limitations, but as I get older, there is less stubbornness. Easy does it buddy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread