ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry folks, I put a bad character in the title of my original post so it won't open.

Anyway. I opened my new toy yesterday afternoon and got it all set up the way I like it.

Took it out today to the nice tall weeds and played around for a bit. I did have a problem with it I think. The volume at one time went down to absolutely nothing. I had to turn it off and on a few times to get it to work again. However, my ears could have also been plugged. Going to see if it happens again tomorrow.

Found a gold cameo ring. Haven't found one of them in a very long time. Three brass rings and a brass religious medal. Three Washington's, Two mercs and a small silver part of a bracelet maybe? 5 wheats and a few other odds and ends were my finds today. I think this machine will really work great in the tall weeds.

Last edited:
Upvote 27
OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes a wetsuit is suposed to be snug. I always buy the hyper stretch or the flex 4 way stretch or whatever name they toss on them. I also get a 5 mil. 7 mil is too stiff and hard to swing with imo. If you only have a 2 way stretch suit there is a trick to getting it on your feet and hands. Put a plastic grocery bag on a foot and slide it on. It will go on pretty smooth. Do that with your other foot and hands also. Just pull the bag out after.

Water detecting is a whole different game than land detecting. Know your abilities and your surrounding and be very careful. Do NOT get too complaisant. Water kills. If you get in ANY kind of trouble DROP EVERYTHING. None of your gear is worth your life. If you get out of the situation, you can always try to find your gear or buy new.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That Cameo Ring is Beautiful!! Very nice save... And like the New toy! Good you already have experience with the CZ's, I always liked the little 8 inch in close to shore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread