VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Recent hard rains have packed the soil in the Native American village where we hunt after Burley Tobacco was planted on the site. We could walk between the rows without damaging the small plants. With a temperature of 58 degrees and low humidity, Steve & I met at the site at 6 am this morning. We only hunted two hours but we found several artifacts shown in the first pic. I found the 2 in. Lost Lake specimen that had a re-sharpened point shown in the second pic in the middle. Lost Lake points date from the Early Archaic period 6,000-9,000 years BP (before present time). Thanks to Tnmountains for verifying it's a Lost Lake. Enjoy the video & HH, Q.

Attachments

• DSCN2054 (1024x815).jpg
    DSCN2054 (1024x815).jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCN2055 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCN2055 (1024x768).jpg
    245 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 23

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great field finds, especially that Lost Lake! The Ohio Valley region really is one of the best places to hunt for Indian artifacts. I am a testament of that fact! I have lived a great deal of my life in northern Ky and still have a great many of the points I found back then. Cutting tobacco go many going into the collecting side of it. Still remember the time in the late 90s when the Ohio River level dropped really low and exposed the sand bar which was a common view before Markland Dam was out in during the late 1950s. Spent a whole weekend hunting the sandbar between Ghent, Ky and Carrollton, Ky. All the mosquito bites times a million couldn't ruin that weekend. When it was all said and done, I walked out with an Army green duffle bag full of artifacts. Lots of ceremonial stuff....double barbed 35 pound axe, nine knives which I thought then to be spearheads, but they were each over six inches long. Long ceremonial pipes, gorgets, a couple discoidals, pestles, and several other effigy type items. Not even mentioning all the beautiful points I dug out of the sand bar. A very well known gentlemen of artifacts quoted me a dollar amount of $$$,$$$ and I couldn't refuse it. Bought a nice house and a new car. wish I had some of that stuff back now....the axe and a couple knives would be nice. Most of my old hunting grounds are over-grown now. Still recall the days of walking between the rows and always finding something. I think there's probably no till soybean growing in those places now. That was 2011 last time I went. After seeing your video it reminded me of the times, so I told the wife I definitely have to get back to Ky and hunt some points and metal detect. I look forward to the chance. Arrowheads are boring down here....stemmed and crude points to say the least. Once again, enjoyed the video and love that point. My banner vote is in!

Are you saying you were able to buy a house and a new car from selling relics? What year was that?

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks MSB, OD, Dman ( I enjoyed lunch-LOL), Art, John, RN, Mangum, Donnie (tennessee digger), Bill, Tnmountains (Richard), Josh, ND, Nana, JB, scruggs, Breezie (I know you liked the music & you'll like the next video as well), & Joey. Thanks to all who looked at the post and the video. The fact folks enjoy the videos make the time consumed to format them worthwhile. Happy Birthday America & HH, Q.

Jul 25, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow those are sweet points! I only find the smaller stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread