Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My work van (and mding van) had been in the shop for repairs for 3 days and my wife had me right where she wanted me to work on the substantial "honey-do" list that comes with her whirlwind room make-overs. This time it was the Master BR. But, I plowed through the work with the zeal of a prisoner who is close to being paroled........oh, how I looked out those windows and the beautiful days that were being used up..........sigh...........
My release came on Thursday and I wasted no time getting to a 42 acre park in East End. The community pool there had been closed, filled in and the fence removed a couple of weeks ago. A park employee had assured me that no one had been mding there and it would be a great spot to search...........ummm, not so much. I pulled one nickle and one Zincoln in an hours search of the north end. Plenty of pull tabs and pieces of aluminum from the chain link fence, but no coins. Had it not been for the nearby 10 minute tot lot search, I would have been :BangHead:

630 Hunt 1.jpg

No pieces of eight.........but, I did find a piece of Abe!!

630 Piece of Abe.jpg

Next, I tried a curb strip along the west end of a nearby college sports complex.......right outside one of the gates........skunked!!!!
Then, I went to the city permission I've been working on........it was 2 blocks away. I re-swept my last path with no discrimination to get some additional depth and was rewarded with a couple of deep wheats and 50's nickles...........and a couple of relics............

630 Hunt2.jpg 630 Marble.jpg

It was then time for me go to the other end of town to visit a couple of my favorite ladies........I tend to my son's 2 Rottweilers during the week. An hour of frolicking later put me a couple of blocks from there at a favorite elementary school to finish one of the long curb strips on the east side of the school................

630 Hunt 3.jpg

And then, home for supper.........only to find my wife not home........what's an mder to do?
Of course........go to my home park (a block away) and continue hunting!! It turned into a nickle fest...........

630 Hunt 4.jpg

All in all, a good day of walkin' and diggin'!
Sorry for the length of the post.........it may have something to do with my "parole"...........
Thanks for lookin' in and good luck on all your hunting adventures...............

Last edited:
Upvote 14

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Loved the post - very entertaining. Know where you're coming from about the whirlwind makeovers! :tard:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the multiple hunts and very good success! :occasion14:

To "beat" the honey-do list, get up and start hunting at 5:30 am. I usually end about 10 am then the work begins. :BangHead:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
All that clad adds up. Nice

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on hunting multiple sites Chizzy. :occasion14: Cool post, I felt like I was running from site to site along with ya.

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope you hold on to that "get out of jail" card for awhile now! Congrats.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that marble, and your story. I have a front door and the 2 side panels to paint today. Just enough to keep the Mrs. happy. That gives me all day tomorrow to treasure hunt ! Thats how we work it. For every 3 hr. project she wants done, I get 15 hrs. of metal detecting in. I like the odds.

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apologies about the late responses, but another room make-over (my office :BangHead:) had me and my 'puter out of commission..........

Loved the post - very entertaining. Know where you're coming from about the whirlwind makeovers! :tard:

Thanks, kcm........just another day in the life of..........:laughing7:

Congratulations on the multiple hunts and very good success! :occasion14:

To "beat" the honey-do list, get up and start hunting at 5:30 am. I usually end about 10 am then the work begins. :BangHead:

I'd try that Doc, but I don't have that kind of stamina..............

Great finds

It's looking good!

Thank you both.........

All that clad adds up. Nice

Yep, as long as I'm finding coins, all is well............

Congrats on your finds and an entertaining post

Thanks, art..............wanted to give a little more than " I found this"...........

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on hunting multiple sites Chizzy. :occasion14: Cool post, I felt like I was running from site to site along with ya.

Thanks, Loco-Digger........I'll let you in on a little secret........I was actually chasing all the shade trees I could find around town!! :laughing7:

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you hold on to that "get out of jail" card for awhile now! Congrats.

I was "officially" released an hour ago.......:occasion14: But, I think she has her eye on a couple other projects for me.........???
Thanks for lookin' in..............

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that marble, and your story. I have a front door and the 2 side panels to paint today. Just enough to keep the Mrs. happy. That gives me all day tomorrow to treasure hunt ! Thats how we work it. For every 3 hr. project she wants done, I get 15 hrs. of metal detecting in. I like the odds.

Hmmmm.......I like the trade off........Now if I can just work that compromise in to a conversation.........:dontknow:
Glad you enjoyed the little narrative........since I'm not finding the good stuff, it's all I got goin' for me..........:laughing7:
Posters on the marble forum had some good info about the marble.............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread