Hooka dive Wedding ban and stuff:)

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:
My first dive of the year and finally took leave. water temp 65 degrees F. Depth 6 feet... Under water apx 2 hours. Pulled 1EA beer can, 3EA 22LR caps, trickett with diamond (foe?) and a Triton wedding band/After further Goggle (love Goggle) retail value $300.00 to $400.00.

From web site on said ring.

TUNGSTEN CARBIDE TC850TM
Tungsten Carbide TC850 is the originally patented formulation and only available at licensed retailers. Nothing else compares to the structural strength and weight of TC850, which is solid, strong, scratch resistant and forever polished.
Tungsten Carbide can be found at many jewelers, most notably as the primary material in men's wedding bands. When used as the primary material in a wedding band, the ring appears with a lustrous dark grey hue often buffed to a mirror finish. The finish is highly resistant to scratches and scuffs, holding its mirror-like shine for years. It is possible to inlay other materials such as precious metals and woods.
Tungsten is a hard and dense metal known on the periodic table of elements as Wolfram. Tungsten Carbide is the combination of Tungsten with Carbon. It melts at an extraordinary 6,100 degrees Fahrenheit - the highest melting point of all metals. Tungsten is predominately used in high tech machinery, aerospace and high temperature applications. Once combined with carbon, the resulting material, tungsten carbide, is ten times harder than gold and has a hardness between 8.5 and 9.5 on the Mohs(1) hardness scale. In addition, TC850 is four times harder than titanium, twice as hard as steel, virtually scratch resistant and hypoallergenic.

KIMG0091.jpeg KIMG0092.jpeg

Upvote 6

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your tungsten ring and trickett with diamonds finds - fantastic dive and thanks for sharing your post & I wish you many more great finds while out diving for treasures.

Texas ED

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a fun dive. The tungsten info is really interesting. Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
nov2101

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you folks!:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions