ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got out again today to see if I could find the anchor chain or the spot I hit the fat ring and walker in. LOL not. I couldn't even find the metal footings for the radio tower today.

So I played around mostly where I have already played and a few newer spots for fun. Got my 4th Detroit Police button. Another large one. Three large and one small so far. One silver ring and three brass ones, and a brass earring. Five mercs and a rosey. Nine wheat's and a king George. A 38 special and a 38 short shell casing and a lot of buckles and snaps. Also a brass compact and lipstick.

I know I will find some more great areas to play. Just takes time and patience.

So for those of you that have children, I have two jokes for you.

Why do sharks circle you with their fin out of the water before they bite?

You taste better after they scare the cwap out of you.

How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh?

tentacles (Ten tickles) for those challenged. Although to be fair octopus have arms not tentacles.

Ohh well, back to your regularly scheduled pictures.

Upvote 20

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an amazing amount of finds I bet you find lots of weapons in the water seems like tons of rings were brass back in the day.I was thinking about the anchor is it common for an anchor to break and fall into the water chain and all or like you said maybe an old old boat at one end of the anchor, I saw somewhere on this forum somewhere people found an old schooner or something with chest of gold and tusks of some kind recently. Mt daughters liked the jokes Thanks for sharing your finds. Stay safe!!!!!!!!!!!

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really enjoy looking at all of your finds. I used to dive but haven't been able to for a long time due to disabilities. It sure is a lot of fun though and I hope maybe I can again under the right circumstances. If you have answered this before I apologize for missing it but, what is the average depth of your dives where you have been raking in all of these goodies. I saw your post the other day where you said you dive the Great Lakes and that "GE" ring was awesome. I was just curious if you are diving shallow and getting a lot of bottom time in or making deep dives. Congrats again on your awesome success.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I really enjoy looking at all of your finds. I used to dive but haven't been able to for a long time due to disabilities. It sure is a lot of fun though and I hope maybe I can again under the right circumstances. If you have answered this before I apologize for missing it but, what is the average depth of your dives where you have been raking in all of these goodies. I saw your post the other day where you said you dive the Great Lakes and that "GE" ring was awesome. I was just curious if you are diving shallow and getting a lot of bottom time in or making deep dives. Congrats again on your awesome success.

I am in water no deeper than 8'. There is no drop off here. The deepest I have ever dove with a detector is about 35', on drop offs. I get 3 hours on an aluminum 80 in shallow water. Rings and coins are very scarce to find in deep water. People did swim in water over their heads and dove off platforms. Those are royal hot spots if you can find them. I have stumbled upon a few.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
That is an amazing amount of finds I bet you find lots of weapons in the water seems like tons of rings were brass back in the day.I was thinking about the anchor is it common for an anchor to break and fall into the water chain and all or like you said maybe an old old boat at one end of the anchor, I saw somewhere on this forum somewhere people found an old schooner or something with chest of gold and tusks of some kind recently. Mt daughters liked the jokes Thanks for sharing your finds. Stay safe!!!!!!!!!!!

I have only found two real guns. Tons of cap guns

digger dad

May 6, 2016
Va
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's it I'm gonna get scuba certified !! I'm jealous of all the coins you are finding .. Way to go man !! Keep up the awesome finds !!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's still a nice haul. I have a feeling that your persistence will lead you to the chain and anchor.
Congrats

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
That's still a nice haul. I have a feeling that your persistence will lead you to the chain and anchor.
Congrats

I will find it again. I know it is a matter of time. The place is just huge. Can only cover so much bottom in three hours on a tank. I don't know what I will find first. the chain or another hot spot full of coins and rings! I will take either actually.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your are on to something with the DPD jacket. Finding two different sizes of buttons (breast and sleeve) would support your theory of a whole jacket lost/submerged there and disintegrating! I ALWAYS enjoy seeing your cool finds, Scuba. Makes me wonder what I could do with dive experience and a good underwater detector...ah...Nirvana....

Sub 8-)

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
To find the chain again, maybe you need to get the strongest neodymium magnet you can find and troll it along the bottom in the area that you remember. Then follow the line down. Maybe save some time and use several magnets, each about 5' apart.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9.gif

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations. Your posts are awesome. What are we all going to do in a few months when the lake gets rough and cold? Seeing what you pull out from day to day has become an addiction!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Congratulations. Your posts are awesome. What are we all going to do in a few months when the lake gets rough and cold? Seeing what you pull out from day to day has become an addiction!

Rough I can deal with. Cold not so much. I have a LOT of inland lakes I usually hit and I haven't been in one yet this year. I intend to go to two on Monday but that can change. In one I found 34 silver and 6 gold the very first dive I made in it. I have hammered it pretty hard but I know there is more to be found out there.

I am sure someone will take my place for our winter. There is Florida and California water detectorists that find things. OBN (OldBeachNut) starts his hunts way before I do and he finds fantastic gold and silver also.

Today I am going to work on a few docks so I won't be playing probably. Tomorrow is another story. I am going to go have fun again.

As I stated when I first came to this site. I love this hobby and diving. The cool water seems to help my neck and I can relax and enjoy life.

Last year Kevin and I went on a two day weekend road trip. Took my open bow boat. Found a lake and we were looking for an old swim area. We found it. I ran into the sandbar almost at full speed! We decided to try it and it was great. Not a single target in shallow water. BUT after getting out over the waders heads we hit the jackpot. Silver coins and rings and 19 gold. I got 12 he got 7. It is out there EVERYWHERE. There are 11 THOUSAND lakes in Michigan. I have hit close to 80 of them. Probably most the wading areas have been hammered. But we all know about fresh drops. However if you want old stuff in any lake in any state, diving is the way to go. I can't be the only one doing it.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
To find the chain again, maybe you need to get the strongest neodymium magnet you can find and troll it along the bottom in the area that you remember. Then follow the line down. Maybe save some time and use several magnets, each about 5' apart.

LOL, do you have ANY idea how many nails I am dealing with?? That huge dock was built and they seemed to have dropped half the nails in the water. Or maybe blonds were building it?

Two blonds were siding a habitat for humanity house. Every once in a while one of the blonds would take a nail out of her pouch, look at it and then throw it over her shoulder to the ground. After a while the other blond asked her what she was doing. The blond said, some of these nails are useless, the head is on the wrong end. The other blond says, "Hey stupid, those nails are for the other side of the house."

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds again, SD........amazing how much you bring up from the bottom. Do you have those dive spots to yourself, or are there other mders in those same waters?

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Awesome finds again, SD........amazing how much you bring up from the bottom. Do you have those dive spots to yourself, or are there other mders in those same waters?

My one friend Kevin dives with me sometimes. He is the only other diver I have ever seen in the water. A few years ago I was on another website and met a guy that dives and wanted to dive with me. I took him to two of my spots. He always wanted to go to more. HOWEVER, he wouldn't take me to his spots. LOL, I broke that one sided friendship off fast. So I guess I can say I have no competition that I know of. But BRING IT ON. There is more than enough for everyone.

There are a whole lot of waders with machines in that area. Over 15 that I know of. I don't EVER play in their area at all in this spot. They can have it.

driftless

Sep 21, 2015
SE MN
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, F 70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really enjoy your posts! 3 hours on an 80 is amazing in my opinion. My scuba gear should be in a museum someplace! I still use the fins, snorkel and mask every summer though. Great finds!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Really enjoy your posts! 3 hours on an 80 is amazing in my opinion. My scuba gear should be in a museum someplace! I still use the fins, snorkel and mask every summer though. Great finds!

I got certified in March of 1980. Diving as much as I do, I learned how to breathe slowwwwww. Kevin is always out of air before I am. Thanks for the comments

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread