BANG BANG Bling

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my son in law to a large sand & gravel creek that I had permission to hunt a week ago Saturday.
We were hunting for Indian artifacts, unfortunately we found none. However within 5 minutes of wading into the creek I noticed something shining underwater in the sunlight. It wasn't much bigger than my thumbnail, I reached down to pick it up, but it wouldn't move, it was evidently larger than what I could see a mostly buried in the Rock and sand, so I got a better hold on it and this out... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469412441.531410.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469412494.972011.jpg it obviously wasn't what we were looking for but sure made for an interesting conversation piece!

Upvote 9

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So is it a real 25 auto?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice "gun" find, congratulations! Looks like it will clean up real nice! :occasion14:

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
give ya 25 bucks for it , learning materal for gunsmithing school i am in hint hint ....nice find

OP
OP
M

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Raven Arms 25 caliber semi-automatic. It was located just 10 or 15 yards downstream from well travelled bridge/county blacktop Road at the outskirts of Bloomington IL, which leads me to think that it was probably purposely tossed by someone driving over the bridge. The serial number was intact. I took it to the Bloomington P.D..

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a blast

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Bang Bang - Congrats! :occasion14:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly an interesting find, with a story no doubt, if you can get it to talk.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Raven Arms 25 caliber semi-automatic. It was located just 10 or 15 yards downstream from well travelled bridge/county blacktop Road at the outskirts of Bloomington IL, which leads me to think that it was probably purposely tossed by someone driving over the bridge. The serial number was intact. I took it to the Bloomington P.D..
That was a real good idea that you took it to the police dept. especially since it still had a serial number. You wouldnt want to get caught with that in your hands. Someone threw into the water for a reason.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be interesting to learn the story of why they discarded it. Cool find. If it turns out to be clean will they return it to you?

thekspapa

Jul 11, 2016
Ne oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, mine lab 305, at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like you been drinking and swinging. Did you atpro come with a beverage holder? Lol

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other

So when will you get it back?

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't know the laws were you are. In Michigan they are absolutely clear. If it was abandoned by the owner you can have it, if you are allowed to own one. I have both the ones I found back in my possession. If stolen you won't see it again probably. No idea of the laws in your state.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to hear a follow up on this one. That would be half scary finding one like that.

kenpodetector

Jan 1, 2012
Northern NV. and Kennesaw Ga.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Gold Monster, SDC2300.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea here is what you should do if this case comes up again. Take the serial number down and bring it into the police to run. They can run it in 30 seconds through NCIC and other databases. If nothing hits go home and clean u your new gun. If it hits then you will be asked to bring the gun in. If they give you a hassle about not bringing it in tell them just what I said above that way you forego the bs of waiting for however long it might take for someone to get to it. Trust me they will not want to give it back to you without running you through the system and all that mess. Now if your friendly with a certain local officer/sheriff then more power to you as you should not have any issues. Bottom line you are still being a good citizen. Just my 2 cents as I know this from experience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread