Does anyone know how old this may be???

candylkay

Jul 28, 2016
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son found this bullet while camping over the weekend along with a post card dated from 1937. The post card is torn and missing parts but the stamp and date were intact. He is very curious to how old the bullet may be. I am brand new to this forum so if I have posted in the wrong place I apologize in advance. Any information is greatly appreciated- Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

• image (1).jpeg
    image (1).jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 90
  • image (2).jpeg
    image (2).jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 94
  • image (3).jpeg
    image (3).jpeg
    388.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    394.7 KB · Views: 87
  • image (4).jpeg
    image (4).jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 1

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum. Looks like a 22 long. Still made today so no way to know for sure on age. That said someone else may know more than me.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. Looks like a 22 long. Still made today so no way to know for sure on age. That said someone else may know more than me.
Agreed. If it was old the lead would begin to oxidize and turn white. Some CW bullets come out of the ground chalk white. Welcome to t-net[emoji106]

HH RN

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree that it's .22 rimfire. Looks like the Hornady stamp. Just from the brass color, it doesn't look that old.

OP
OP
C

candylkay

Jul 28, 2016
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bullet was found in a cabin behind the mantel in a very small crack between it and the bricks. My son discovered it while trying to fish out his five dollars that fell behind it. The cottage we stayed in is very old and on state land. He pulled out news paper clippings, post card, and a few other things including an old calligraphy ink pen box from the early 1930's. Thank you for looking :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread