Queen Elizabeth Button from a Uniform -- don't know much else about it.

MrFrip

Greenie
Jul 28, 2016
South Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver -- not top of the line, but I have never NOT found what I was beeping at!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• Queen.jpg
    Queen.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
Upvote 4

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My curiosity has me wondering how you know it is from a uniform? Could be just an ordinary ornate button that the clothing makers decided looked nice?

Congrats.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; CRUSADER is your guy. He can nail it down for you. Second please Post a picture of BOTH sides ok. Lastly, Find CRUSADERS name on a Post from him. Click on it and ask him to look at it for you ok. PEACE:RONB

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any pictures of the back? I don't think military button but I can give you a date range. It was the same portrait use on her first coins...
The effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II first appeared on Canadian coins in 1953 when she was 27 years old. The effigy pictured here was used until 1964, with the inscription ELIZABETH II DEI GRATIA REGINA, meaning "Elizabeth II, by the grace of God, the Queen."
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469930534.546004.jpg

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really cool button! Congrats! By the way I know what you mean about walking into spider webs while detecting...... Nasty.. Just NASTY !!! HH

OP
OP
M

MrFrip

Greenie
Jul 28, 2016
South Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver -- not top of the line, but I have never NOT found what I was beeping at!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the lead! Here is a picture of the back

OP
OP
M

MrFrip

Greenie
Jul 28, 2016
South Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I have seen online, similar buttons appear to be sold in groups and some of them are attached to the phrase "military jacket"..but this one doesn't look exactly like the brass ones I've seen.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any pictures of the back? I don't think military button but I can give you a date range. It was the same portrait use on her first coins...
The effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II first appeared on Canadian coins in 1953 when she was 27 years old. The effigy pictured here was used until 1964, with the inscription ELIZABETH II DEI GRATIA REGINA, meaning "Elizabeth II, by the grace of God, the Queen."
View attachment 1342016

I PMed the OP.

I agree, its a 1953 Sixpence, the button was celebration the Coronation. Civvy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread