Out with a bang!

BzyBee

Oct 29, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
ATpro's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been slugging away at this cabin site in southwest PA for months, and its slowing down bigtime.
This 8R is the one and only notable find from today but man o' man.. that'll do!
Bucket lister what can i say! :headbang:
8r.jpg
0823160718.jpg

Here is a display shot of finds from the site since April.
0806161140.jpg
0428161248.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 41

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to see another yinzer pulling some big old silver

OP
OP
BzyBee

BzyBee

Oct 29, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
ATpro's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you should post your displays from this site along with your stove plate. It has been an incredible site for you and this 8 reale might be the swan somg.

Edited the OP to include the display shots. I still think I favor the stove plate, but the 8 is hot on its heels. These are the kind of hard decisions I enjoy lol.

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! I've always had a big imagination and I to would have turned my machine off and sat there thinking about it. I would have imagined that whoever lost it, once they discovered it was gone, likely spent a good amount of time backtracking and looking for it. It seems it would be easy to find if you knew the area you lost it but I guess there were a lot of holes in people's pockets back then. I know I would have been sick to my stomach had I lost it. It also makes sense as to why those big ones aren't found every day. Congrats on a great find, my banner vote is going in too.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I need to apologize for not giving this a better reply. I was quickly scanning through and didn't see the 8R. I lazily assumed it was a 2R. These big monster pieces of silver are pretty damn tough to find. I'm voting BANNER on this sucker. It's worthy in my opinion

Abe,
Unfortunately, Jim did not title his post in such a way as to draw maximum attention.
If he had included "1789 8 Reale" he probably would have gotten a lot more looks ???

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find!! I know that made your day.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abe,
Unfortunately, Jim did not title his post in such a way as to draw maximum attention.
If he had included "1789 8 Reale" he probably would have gotten a lot more looks ???

I agree 100% man. It makes my little tiny heart sad when the masses miss such a killer find as this. I'm glad I was able to see it. The important part is that it's yours now and it's in your collection forever. That's what matters here

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree 100% man. It makes my little tiny heart sad when the masses miss such a killer find as this. I'm glad I was able to see it. The important part is that it's yours now and it's in your collection forever. That's what matters here
He has a nice intact collection from this site. I have been there a couple times with him and donated what I found to his collection to keep it intact. Likewise, he gave me a nice Spanish coin button that he found on the site where I dug my Ratllesnake and Stars buttons and my recent cob, because it really belonged with the other items from this site, which to my knowledge, I have everything that came out of there.

Last edited:

Fattony315

May 17, 2013
Up state ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great sliver find, love your display. That's a lot of good finds.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we see a picture of the bucket those came in wow amazing finds Thanks for sharing I have display cases Its taking a while to fill them..Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful coin! And quite a collection from that site! Congrats and thanks for sharing.

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oustanding and rare find-and in excellent condition! Also that's quite a spread you've got there. BANNER

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also in the group shot, under "King George III Half Pennies" I believe the first one is a KGII. Looks like the bust is facing left, which would indicate George II.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He has a nice intact collection from this site. I have been there a couple times with him and donated what I found to his collection to keep it intact. Likewise, he gave me a nice Spanish coin button that he found on the site where I dug my Ratllesnake and Stars buttons and my recent cob, because it really belonged with the other items from this site, which to my knowledge, I have everything that came out of there.

That's really refreshing to hear that you guys do that. That's how it should be. So my hats off to both of you for being stand up guys and keeping the history together

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Day, Month, Year, would make them ALL!!!!!!!! BIG CONGRATZ.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread