Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, I'm beginning to believe that if I was dropped in the middle of China.

2016 (523).jpg

I'd still find a clad US quarter! :)
(don't mistake that for a complaint.)

2016 (524).jpg

Fishy has new wheels,

2016 (525).jpg

Blingie has a nice Shiny-Shiny,

2016 (526).jpg

They're happy, I'm happy, guess all's right with the world. :)

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 23
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those quarters add up! Fishy looks happy with his new wheels and Blingy has a nose full jewelry. :occasion14:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is a lot of clad again. Nice going. Thanks for posting

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHADIFIND,I have been reading your posts for quite some time ,and with all those quarters you have unearthed ,you should be able to pay off your house.Yep, you are still the quarter king.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds as usual.
those quarters do add up when ya can find them

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHADIFIND,I have been reading your posts for quite some time ,and with all those quarters you have unearthed ,you should be able to pay off your house.Yep, you are still the quarter king.

Well, I don't feel like a "king" of ANYthing. LOL I'm not sure what I'm doing different than any other. Except that maybe my pattern of hunting tends to put me where most any sane hunter wouldn't bother. LOL But, I have always been able to find them. On top, at the bottom, in the trash, or wide open field where nothing is heard for an hour! Even stumbling around in a cornfield! Everybody else finds the cut silver, coppers etc in farm fields. I find the clad quarter the farmer lost a few years ago, riding around in his tractor. :BangHead::dontknow:

Thanks for following along! :)

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds as usual.
those quarters do add up when ya can find them

Oh my yes! I'd endeavor to say that I've paid for my detector, a couple times over, with just quarters. :)

Even you and Old Dude have experienced some of that, I believe I found some when out with both of you.
In old "hunted out" areas. :)

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT PRO strikes again,
Congratulations

Ya know.....I think I slightly disagree. I suspect that ANY decent machine would "hear" these signals. I suspect it has more to do with the training of the ear. ;) Just gotta pay attention to what your machine is trying to tell you. Especially in high trash areas. :)

Thanks!

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, it takes me a week to find 15 quarters. Nice work!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi..I absolutely LOVE getting on top of the quarters, when I stumble onto a new site, I'll cherry pick all those 85-86-87 signals, then of course later I'll grid off and chase the lower ones. In my go-to soccer field site, I dug enough quarters to buy my Garrett Pro Pointer, with plenty left over. Yes..I'm a quarter hoarder! And Whadi, I'm sure u can relate, as while there were no silver Washingtons dug, I counted over twenty 1965's...Whadi, I just got permission for a early to mid 1800's farmhouse near me, so I hope to be making my own post later! I've been slobbering over this place since I started detecting again..great post..as usual! Thx very much...ddf.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
run at full screen and notice the chirps that are around 50 to 80, then in pinpoint the bars will get to maybe half range. short 6 inch swings will show targets that may not give a number. then get down & dig. bet you start pulling anything from wheat to qtrs at a foot and more. then add the relics & iron at even deeper. I am doing 2 to 3 swings for each short step with the coil an inch from the soil-----there is some REALLY deep stuff some diggers never even hit on

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
run at full screen and notice the chirps that are around 50 to 80, then in pinpoint the bars will get to maybe half range. short 6 inch swings will show targets that may not give a number. then get down & dig. bet you start pulling anything from wheat to qtrs at a foot and more. then add the relics & iron at even deeper. I am doing 2 to 3 swings for each short step with the coil an inch from the soil-----there is some REALLY deep stuff some diggers never even hit on

Port, are you referring to the small chirps with no VDI ? I've had several of these, small, repeatable chirps with no numbers or depth..I've heard this is an indication of good, deep targets. The ground has been way too hard to dig deep as of late, but has moistened up. Thx very much in advance,...ddf

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on a good hunt. We can't get a bucket list find every hunt. Where I live I may never find a banner item. But I am accumulating a lot of hotwheels. They are almost identical to a quarter signal. The important thing is to keep blingie and fishy happy. You will get that coil over something cool soon. Then you'll be trying to figure out how it got where you found it.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep, been there, done all that too. :) Been listening for a long, long time! LOL

I have pulled a wheatie from 13 inches once, a barber dime at about 10.

All of what you say is true. But, if I may, let me add just one aspect to all those.

When you're doing those "short swings"? Experiment with the speed of the swing, from extremely slow to very, very fast.
If you haven't experienced it, you might get a pleasant surprise. ;)

Thanks!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YUP, Coil Speed Matters-----gotta' go more to dig today_____________

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, I'm beginning to believe that if I was dropped in the middle of China.

View attachment 1351972

I'd still find a clad US quarter! :)
(don't mistake that for a complaint.)

View attachment 1351973

Fishy has new wheels,

View attachment 1351974

Blingie has a nice Shiny-Shiny,

View attachment 1351975

They're happy, I'm happy, guess all's right with the world. :)

Thanks for peeking!

That's probably true about you finding quarters in China, but they would probably be counterfeit. :icon_scratch:
Looks like the crew is happy! Congrats!

I believe you will be coming up with some nice silver coinage shortly!........(the worms have been hard at work)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread