My son gets the green

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last weekend there was a concert at a local park. I took my 5 year old son to try and find some surface finds with the detector. Unfortunately, someone had beaten us to it. Almost no signals! Anyways my son came running up to me saying, look what I found. $10 dollar bill. Made it worth it.
0831161850.jpg

Upvote 12

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's better than a few new coins!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He showed you up and didn't even have to use a detector LOL Thatll but some ice cream cones!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to do stage and production work for outdoor shows, I always walked the area afterward with a flash light to see what I could find before the clean up crew came in.... The best place to look is right in front of where the stage was, people get to dancing and whatever they drop gets trampled in pretty quick

OP
OP
rainorshine

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to do stage and production work for outdoor shows, I always walked the area afterward with a flash light to see what I could find before the clean up crew came in.... The best place to look is right in front of where the stage was, people get to dancing and whatever they drop gets trampled in pretty quick

I bet you had some pretty good finds over the years. I did check right in front of where the stage would have been. Like I said, someone must have beat me to it

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you had some pretty good finds over the years. I did check right in front of where the stage would have been. Like I said, someone must have beat me to it

Lots of pot and pot accessories.... which I always just gave away, occasionally there'd be something good. I always joked about starting a used lawn chair store....

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Tell him We ALL say CONGRATS. Take him out for a burger and an Ice Cream Sundae. !!! well deserved. PEACE:RONB

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our town has a 10 day festival every summer, and the finale takes place at the local university, where they have big name musical acts, fireworks etc...in front of the main stage there's tables which are catered, then behind that is where the peons like myself would sit on a blanket..so the weekend after the big soiree I wandered out there...wow..bottle cap CITY...junk silverware, rib and chicken bones...ugh...saw a few plugs from a former hunter, but I'm sure he/she got sick of digging bottle cap after bottle cap and packed it up..I had the most luck around the Porta-Potties..they have been hosting this festival for about fifteen years so there was a decade and a half's worth of bottle caps. Plus at the time the ground was like concrete and it was blistering hot...took a pit stop at the still available (and clean!) Porta Potties and busted a move outta there...ddf

OP
OP
rainorshine

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of pot and pot accessories.... which I always just gave away, occasionally there'd be something good. I always joked about starting a used lawn chair store....

Sounds like you should have opened a head shop.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye and 10 bucks is nothing to sneeze at. Just wait till he gets started with a detector, it will be banner time before you know it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread