Silver Quarter, Cool Token, Clad Kennedy & More

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Left out this morning and the first spot I hit was curb strip in front of an old defunct gas station in town. Third target in was the 1964 Washington. :thumbsup: I only dug 3 more coins there totaling $0.37. That was a short hunt so I went and got permission to hunt a yard that is next door to the virgin site I found last year. my logic was that there could be some mid 1800's coins or tokens in the vicinity. It wasn't a total let down, :dontknow: I dug that cool CAMAY token and the Kennedy Half. The other neat finds there was an old Chevrolet hub cap and a padlock.
The town I live in was predominantly marsh land when first settled, so many properties on this side of town had fill brought in over the years. :BangHead:

I then left town and headed back to Lorain to hit a park that was around in the late 1800's. I hit that park Friday and only dug 57 cents (2 wheats and a 53 canadian cent). Today I hit the east side and only found one memorial penny in 45 minutes. :censored: I then decided to hit some curb strips in front of older public properties. Way too much can slaw for my taste so after 3 curb strips and no good targets I went and hunted a tot lot behind a school. My 1st plug was 3 coins totaling $2.01. Nice plug, it contained two dollar coins and a memorial. That site gave up $3.02 total in about 45 minutes. :thumbsup:

I was getting close to dinner time, so I headed home.

Today's Notables

20160918_175748.jpg

All Today's Finds (less trash)

20160918_175640.jpg

Friday afternoon's Park Finds

20160916_200754.jpg

Last Weekend's Hunts

Friday afternoon, Saturday & Sunday, in that order

20160909_165056.jpg 20160910_155049.jpg 20160911_163013.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 30

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to be able to get out like that, many times in a couple days. Kinda tough now. Still, your finds and places remind me of a fonder time.

WTG!

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Nice finds Loco.

I have a buddy that grew up near Lorain, I bet there are quite a few old finds in that area.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul there loco! Congrats on the silver and token!
Dollar coins put the clad count on the fast track.

:thumbup: (no like button :D)

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on ur silver and finds , I'm planning on sidewalk strip hunting and one permission and thanks for tip on asking for permissions

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on a several good hunts. Nice silver save. Love seeing the old tokens. They are a great example of Americana.

Thanks TomHL I'm right with you when ot comes to older tokens.

Nice bunch of finds congrats

Thanks Art, not bad for a small town boy

Looks good Loco....:hello2:

Thanks PP :icon_thumright:

Nice going on the silver!, great hunt!

Thanks Chris, I am due for some indians. Last year they were everywhere, this year they've been as rare as hens teeth.

Looks like some nice hunts Loco. I like those Camay tokens. There are a number of varieties of them. Congrats.

Thanks TH, I'll have to look them up.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loco, seeing as you're on vacation this week...do you have a particular goal in mind...say...at least 1 silver a day, or a ring a day? I know you're a dedicated coin shooter like myself, so you ought to start a contest thus week "how much $$ in clad will Loco dig this week"...or "how much $$ in face value silver will Loco find during vacation"?...Lol...just a thought...but Loco I know you're over that busy summer hump now, so have a great, safe and fruitful vacation! Ddf.

ROUGH DAY PRODUCTIVE DAY NICE FINDS ....

No goals for the week off, just goin with the gut and secure some more permissions. I am certain more silvers will dance under my coil this week. :thumbsup:

Congrats on the finds. The Camay token is pretty cool!

Thanks Tommy

I used to be able to get out like that, many times in a couple days. Kinda tough now. Still, your finds and places remind me of a fonder time.

WTG!

Oh the memories huh Whadi. You don't seem to do to bad on your walks.

Nice finds Loco.

I have a buddy that grew up near Lorain, I bet there are quite a few old finds in that area.

Thanks PBR, The park is a bust. I have hunted there 5 times and and the only keepers are later date wheats. There are plenty of abandoned houses, but, my god, the trash on those sites is overwhelming.

Nice haul there loco! Congrats on the silver and token!
Dollar coins put the clad count on the fast track.

:thumbup: (no like button :D)

Thanks Ms BpBp, yes those $2.01 plugs do assist in increasing the YTD clad total.

Congrats on ur silver and finds , I'm planning on sidewalk strip hunting and one permission and thanks for tip on asking for permissions

Thanks Jim, best of luck with the curb strip and permission. Permissions are the best way to maximize the keeper coin finds. :icon_thumright:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on the Silver Loco!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I've just been trying to beat the heat! Hopefully I will start swinging again soon now that the temp is dropping some!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've just been trying to beat the heat! Hopefully I will start swinging again soon now that the temp is dropping some!

I was wondering why I have not seen many "today's Finds" post for you.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great hunt! which machine?

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great hunt! which machine?

The Friday hunt I used the Deus, still learning it and use it as a beep and dig to clean up sites that I have previously pounded with the F75. The F75 is still my go to detector until I get more familiar with the Deus. Man the Deus likes to give high tones on some iron. The area I was hunting is supposed to hold a gold class ring from the early 60's so I was digging everything.

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures ..
Just goes to show you what many hours of "fun" can produce.
I too am trying to learn an XP Daus.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you will click with it big iron gave me fits at first but there is just something about the tone now that clues me into most ofr the time now.
The Friday hunt I used the Deus, still learning it and use it as a beep and dig to clean up sites that I have previously pounded with the F75. The F75 is still my go to detector until I get more familiar with the Deus. Man the Deus likes to give high tones on some iron. The area I was hunting is supposed to hold a gold class ring from the early 60's so I was digging everything.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great finds and some silver, good day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions