Great Day with the Deus

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been using Garys "hot" program that he shared on the XP Classroom website XP Deus hot and cold programs

I was hunting in an iron infested sugar cane field that seems to have a little bit of everything, a "mixed site" as we like to call it. Signs of habitation from late colonial times all the way through the 1920s or so.

This program, a modified #3 Deus Fast program, really homes in on the smallest of non iron targets, really deep among nails and other iron blips. I was pulling shotgun primers out of nails at 5 inches.

I managed to sniff out 4 flat buttons (one was a basket weave design that I'm told are from 1790-1800), a musket ball, a brass piece of a ruler, a silver plated spoon or fork handle that was really ornate, a 1920 D Mercury dime (my second ever Merc) bent by the plow and a 1813 Spanish One reale.

Also numerous pack studs or rivets, which ever you prefer to call them, and numerous shotgun shell brass and modern bullets.

1920 Mercury Dime-

1813 One Reale-

Pictures-
IMG_2774.JPG

IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2772.JPG

IMG_2773.JPG

IMG_2762.JPG

Happy Hunting- Thanks for looking :)

Upvote 15

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Shane, great stuff! I don't see the basket weave button? We found one (our first) last week, and I'm curious as to what yours looks like. Congrats on your finds! -Lisa & John

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice stuff

Yeah the deus can find some tiny targets. What I've learned after a few hundred hrs is if I have it set correctly for the site I'm hunting it's a beast. But if I don't I find that I struggle a little with it. Good unit though. I like deus fast full tones.

HH Jer

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice stuff

Yeah the deus can find some tiny targets. What I've learned after a few hundred hrs is if I have it set correctly for the site I'm hunting it's a beast. But if I don't I find that I struggle a little with it. Good unit though. I like deus fast full tones.

HH Jer

Too tiny sometimes. I often find myself trying to isolate one shotgun pellet in a pile of dirt. Pain in the arse!

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Shane, great stuff! I don't see the basket weave button? We found one (our first) last week, and I'm curious as to what yours looks like. Congrats on your finds! -Lisa & John
Hi, its the first button directly under the sword handle. Try to zoom in for a better look, Thanks for the reply :0

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice stuff

HH Jer
I absolutely adore this machine and cant see myself using anything else.

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Good hunt Shane!. WTG, Q.
Thank you Q! It was an awesome day, I'm hopeing to find more pieces of the sword hilt this week end!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I'm happy with my 'hot' custom settings but I've always wonder this;
Does just changing 3-Tone (which I like) to Full-Tone increase the depth?

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Man I like that Reale , still on my bucket list. Congrats and HH

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Mixed site indeed!

Cool finds. Looks like a great place.

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi,
I'm happy with my 'hot' custom settings but I've always wonder this;
Does just changing 3-Tone (which I like) to Full-Tone increase the depth?
I dont feel like there is an increase in depth as I feel like I hear the high bleeps better that are in bedded with the iron, nail grunts. Maybe something with target separation? I bet it would be even better with a 9 inch coil, I use the 11". I cant really say why but do see and increase in my good finds in nails compared to previous stock settings. In my area anyway.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah full tones are the way to go. I think it tells you so much more about a target than an assigned tone that would sound the same for targets that fall within that range assigned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread