School Recreation Area 4th. Hunt

Metalgear

Dec 31, 2006
This is my fourth time hunting here and the coins i am finding are getting older. Got a beautiful Canadian 1964 Elizabeth II - 25 cents. My first Silver at this place ;D
Furthermore, one US penny, dated 1909, another US penny dated 1920 the rest of the coins are all Canadian from the late 50s early 60s. I am really starting to like this place now and the still have so much to cover :) Hope you all enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• schoolrecarea4.JPG
    schoolrecarea4.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 298
  • silverfront.JPG
    silverfront.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 254
  • silverback.JPG
    silverback.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on some good finds and on the silver!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
You can't think of how much area you have to cover, that can discourage you.look at the area, find you some land marks to set up your search area, and search the area a little at a time. he next trip start off with where you left off and new landmarks, and search that area thourghly. Use a pattern that covers the most ground as in sweepeng the field. I have enclosed a picture of the method that works best for me. It only takes 2 of those construction flags that are on wires. With this method you will overlap at each end so it ends up covering the area extremely well. Use an ariel photo to keep track of your progress such as www.earth.google.com and Windows Paint to edit the photo. It's a great way to keep up with your progress, and if you want to go back at a later date, you know exactly where you have hunted before. I hopes this helps. Keep em swinging!

Attachments

• Working a sports field.JPG
    Working a sports field.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 247

mrtoog

Greenie
Jun 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer se, whites prizm III
if you haven't already you might want to check out that 1909 US penny for an S mintmark :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions