Ditched the beach and found first silver, first gold.

SweetCorn

Oct 2, 2016
East Bay, CA
Detector(s) used
Excal 2, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Persistance pays off.
I have yet to find a sliver coin but managed to pull out a 925 ring and within 5 minutes and only a few feet away, pulled out a gold ring too :headbang: I thought both were just more cheap, junk jewelry but upon closer inspection, they appear to be a notch or two above junk jewelry.

best_both.jpg

The 925 stamp is easy to read on the silver ring and I initially didn't give it much thought because it looked like a child's ring and I was hunting in a playground. When I took a break I almost messed myself when I saw the 925 China stamp. Both have small stones and I doubt either has much value, but they are my first non-junk rings.

How do I find out the value? I'm curious more than anything.

booty102116.jpg

Pulled a lot of clad too. The good target to trash ratio was off the hook good at this spot. Not much foil, only dug 2 bottle caps all day (I guess people don't drink at the playground much??) and it was in general good hunting. I got the feeling this place does get hunted as there were LOTS of pennies and I haven't gotten to the point where I'm skipping over them, yet.

both.jpg

I was able to get one good glimpse at one of the stamps on the gold ring and I'm almost positive the first 3 letters are (edited) 12k, it almost looks like it says (edited) 12kMEX. The other stamp I can't make out, I'm assuming it's the makers stamp or something??

I can't believe I found both of these on the same day in this seemingly random spot. My hopes weren't that high heading out, so I guess in his hobby, you just never know!

Last edited:
Upvote 10

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. I've never found much silver either.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
To find the value as a ring you need to see if you can find another like either one on fee-bay or somewhere.

Scrap value is easy. Need to know the weight in grams on both, plug the metal, weight and purity in here and hit calculate value. You will get the current melt value

Ultrafast Live Scrap Gold Calculator [USD] from Dendritics

Nice work on the silver and gold.

Last edited:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net and welcome to this fine hobby! Looks like you're hooked already, lol...but congrats on a fine set of rings, it took me a few months for my first silver ring and almost a few YEARS for my first gold..and in regards to your pennies, or at least copper ('82 and earlier) pennies, ring up almost identical to clad dimes...and I've dug a couple silver dimes that rang up like a copper penny..so don't pass up too many of them...now the zincoln pennies ring up 74, 75 with a bouncy, scratchy signal...and I've found a couple rings in that range. General rule of thumb...DIG IT ALL!! But again, welcome. .looking forward to seeing your future finds...ddf

OP
OP
S

SweetCorn

Oct 2, 2016
East Bay, CA
Detector(s) used
Excal 2, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I don't pass up too many signals. I hunt in 0 and dig just about everything above 25.
I'm assuming other hunters pass up all the pennies because I find them en masse just about everywhere I go. Some beaches that seem hunted out only have foil, pull tabs and pennies and maybe a skipped over nickel.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a couple of nice looking rings and welcome to Treasurenet. I am not here to burst your bubble, but because of the word "China" on the silver ring, I would test it or have it tested by a jeweler. There are a tremendous amount of fake items, everything from coins to jewelry, electronics and clothing that come out of china with fake tags or stamps on them. If it is not real silver, at least you didnt pay for it and you still had the thrill of finding the ring itself. After all, a ring is a good find. Good luck and I hope I am wrong.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice ring finds! :occasion14:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not positive on this but your Silver says" N china 925" which could mean the base metal is nickel, plated with silver?Your gold might be a lower karat than it states that is a "joyeria" spanish speaking jewelery store gold ring and the purity comes to Question sometimes but it still looks to be gold maybe just less karat than stated.Still awesome finds I find a lot of rings in the tot lots.Mostly kids and junk but sometimes the real deal also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread