gabberbob

Oct 15, 2012
Ryazan City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today again one of the few days off when we have gone to familiar places. Feature of hunting in Russia is the beginning and the end of an agricultural season. Fields are at places of many former settlements now. Have harvested. Fields plow tractors and we as rooks after him we go with a mine detector. This time good luck has shown us excellent finds.
These are tips of arrows of the period of government of Ivan the Terrible. 16-17 century.
FT58Q-rSNoM.jpg

And it is finds from other place.
otu7VdXl3AE.jpg
It is a tip and a ring 10-13 centuries. This period of history of Russia, on a slang of the Russian hunters is called "domongol" that means the history period before invasion the Tataro-Mongol to Russia.
The ring is rare, even in such state. It trellised rings are so called. Were made of bronze and copper, a casting method in a flat form. The plate was displaced in not closed ring. I won't unbend a ring not to break. I have drawn for you a ring in expanded form.
ring.jpg

Near him a tip and broken ring with a swastika.
Swastika ( symbol «卐») – a greeting, a good luck wish, prosperity "good, the benefit"
similar № XXII
1234.jpg

The swastika is one of the most ancient and widespread graphic symbols which was represented by many people of the world on objects of daily life, clothes, coins, vases, weapon, banners and the coats of arms, at registration of churches and houses. The symbol a swastika meets from 8 thousand years BC.
As symbol, there are a lot of values, at the ancient people it was a swastika symbol of the movement, life, the Sun, light, wellbeing, and is capable to symbolize philosophical categories.
In the 20th century the swastika has gained fame as a symbol of Nazism and Hitlerite Germany and in the Western world began to be associated with Hitler's regime and ideology steadily.

In Svactika trusted as in the mascot "attracting" good luck and happiness. In Ancient Russia was considered that if to draw svastika on a palm, then will surely carry. Many hunters found rings with a swastika of the different periods.

And as always :)
IMG_20161023_134748.jpg IMG_20161023_152755.jpg
If you have questions of my finds or of my country, I with pleasure am ready to answer them

Upvote 13

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Them ancient tips are incredible. Very neat, thanks for sharing them..I think the North American Natives used the swastika symbol for thousands of years also. Leave to evil to take a sign of good and prosperity and turn it into a sign of hate.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!! And, thank you for educating some of us about your history!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread