Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hit this farm last year when the surface was all ridges & valleys littered with stalks. now is has soft grass cover crop & flat ground. the cut silver has me :dontknow::dontknow: ---radius says 1 or 2 Real________details are not helpful---ALL opinions welcome:laughing7: a squashed lantern burner, 5 buttons, plated horse buckle & :dontknow: brass marked 40. FMERG got a very worn 1 Real left facing bust, a fractioned right facing DBLC, a Brit & another toast LC. the 1686 farm needs to dry out from 2 days of rain-- so back to the new/old field :laughing7: IMG_3968.JPG IMG_3969.JPG IMG_3970.JPG IMG_3971.JPG IMG_3972.JPG IMG_3973.JPG IMG_3974.JPG

Upvote 18

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
definitely looks like a good spot. I'm not a hundred percent sure that cut silver is a coin.

sent from my computer by frantically poking at the keyboard with a single finger

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really curious to know what that piece of silver is from. I'll do a bit of research. That's a very intriguing piece

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That may be a bit of British hammered you have there. Those dots look awfully familiar in that one pic.

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
J -- another mystery! I'll have to check back to see what the experts find out. Congrats on your finds! ~Lisa

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I take my guess back. I think it may be Spanish. Looks like the bottom of a Philip 2nd or 3rd shield. If I had more time I would look further. Good luck with the ID

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cut cob. Nice job!
Yeah that's what it must be I was wondering why the edge radius did not form a perfect circle

sent from my computer by frantically poking at the keyboard with a single finger

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds dude. I think joey is right with cut cob.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a very HUGEtip of the coil to SCRAPPY looks like the KING O' NEW JERSEY nailed it as Philip III milled 1 Real from 1607-1621. the area found at dates to 1650's, but_____sure there were peeps just walkin' about throwing silver so I could find it. the rounded edges may be cut, or the doin's of an evil piece of farm equipment :dontknow: 400 years Holy :censored: s#it 8-)
I take my guess back. I think it may be Spanish. Looks like the bottom of a Philip 2nd or 3rd shield. If I had more time I would look further. Good luck with the ID

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh, Joey gets the credit?! Lol.

Dang that Joey!!
lol.. sorry bout that Scrappy. Drinking this good stuff my eyes tend to wonder.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, no worries Man. I was just busting Joey's *****. Lol. It was a collaboration;)

You nailed it Steve. I totally didn't see your reply before mine.

It's crazy how clipped those cobs got. You hear people say clipping them was like making change but that's not the case....it was theft. It was the main reason why uniformed milled coins came to be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread