Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had time for a quick 45 minute hunt today. I finished my 2nd job of the day 2 blocks from a 42 acre park that has not been kind to me in the past. It has been pounded by many mders over the years. But, being that close, I decided to give it another try. I chose an area I hadn't considered on previous hunts.........

The coins........mostly surface or just below.........
1110 Coins.jpg

Then there were these trinkets..........
1110 Ag Rings.jpg

The rings are silver (ring #s 45 and 46) and I now have more silver rings for the year (13) than coins (12)...........go figure.........
Question: Which would you prefer to find?

Thanks for lookin' in and good luck to all you treasure hunters...............

Upvote 14

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The treasure gods were on your side today. Nice rings. Silver?

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm...I would probably lean towards silver coins...the wife and daughter scarf up my jewelry finds but turn their noses up at my "dirty, crusty old coins"..lol

Mintberrycrunch

Mar 13, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me coins all day. Crazy how hard it is to find silver coins at any parks around me you really have to get off the beaten path to find any silver coins. I always end up covered in poison ivy or attacked by bugs. After a year of detecting I started looking for jewelry seems to be easier to find. But really started detecting for the coins I'm a coin guy through and through

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jewelry all day long!! Nah, seriously, it would depend on the kind of coins. Both are awesome. Congrats on your finds! ~Lisa & John

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs!
I haven't swung in a month...I'd be happy to find either my next time out.
No telling when I'll be able too.....:sadsmiley:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats Buddy! :occasion14: Rings!

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rings tends to be more valuable and easier to sell, but I personally like building on my coin collection.

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The treasure gods were on your side today. Nice rings. Silver?

Yes they were, Tradertom.........any day with silver (both are 925s) is a good day!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm...I would probably lean towards silver coins...the wife and daughter scarf up my jewelry finds but turn their noses up at my "dirty, crusty old coins"..lol

I must be fortunate........my wife isn't in to jewelry. She'd rather get power tools for gifts!! :icon_scratch::laughing7:

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me coins all day. Crazy how hard it is to find silver coins at any parks around me you really have to get off the beaten path to find any silver coins. I always end up covered in poison ivy or attacked by bugs. After a year of detecting I started looking for jewelry seems to be easier to find. But really started detecting for the coins I'm a coin guy through and through

Yeah, I'm a coin collector, but may consider opening a second hand jewelry store!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jewelry all day long!! Nah, seriously, it would depend on the kind of coins. Both are awesome. Congrats on your finds! ~Lisa & John

That's got to be Lisa..........:laughing7: Thanks!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs!
I haven't swung in a month...I'd be happy to find either my next time out.
No telling when I'll be able too.....:sadsmiley:

Gosh, Dave........I wasn't aware you were in mding limbo!! Hope it's nothing serious and I'm looking forward to some "finds" posts from you in the near future!!
Thanks for taking a peek.

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rings tends to be more valuable and easier to sell, but I personally like building on my coin collection.

I thought the same thing, but the local jewelers don't seem to be interested unless it's gold. And, I'm not into internet sales. I'd love to sell them and use the funds to continue building my coin collection. Thanks for the opinion...........

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the bling Chizzy, :occasion14: I like to find both, but if I had to choose one over the other, well .... there is nothing like digging an old bucket list silver coin. :headbang: The wife would prefer that I pull the jewelry. :tongue3: As long as either get me excited and brings a smile to my face, I will continue to swing the coil. :icon_thumleft: God I love this hobby, it's my favorite pass time. :hello2:

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the bling Chizzy, :occasion14: I like to find both, but if I had to choose one over the other, well .... there is nothing like digging an old bucket list silver coin. :headbang: The wife would prefer that I pull the jewelry. :tongue3: As long as either get me excited and brings a smile to my face, I will continue to swing the coil. :icon_thumleft: God I love this hobby, it's my favorite pass time. :hello2:

Thanks, Loco-Digger! Yeah, as a coin collector I'd much rather dig old coins. They get me more excited, but the jewelry and old relics have their value/charm.
If I were financially well off or could make a living mding, I'd be out there every chance digging up all the ground I could cover...........:headbang:
I appreciate the response and the thumbs up on the finds!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I hit the big lottery, I am buying a motor coach like the one in the pics below and I am hiring a beautiful blonde chauffeur that can cook to drive me around for as long as it's fun. The plan is to meet and hunt with as many Tnet members as possible and to see all the friends that I've had the privilege to already meet and hunt with. Heck the motor coach only costs $279,995.00. I'll be that rich guy on the loose, hunting permissions for keeper coins.

00W0W_hx668cHF0gW_300x300.jpg 00u0u_ldAZ79AjL7l_300x300.jpg 00f0f_4KKVTMOe8b7_300x300.jpg 00U0U_77zwsmyxMWt_300x300.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread