what to do

upier

Jan 6, 2005
medioker finds today just clad and some dog tag
a milkbone steel-alumium mix dog tag today
has the dogs name and the address and phonenumer what seem to still be valid. per searching the net for info
well the odd thing is now. in the same area i hit a dime signal verry solid . display target said 2 inches down
so i dug but found nothing but the signal was still strong
so i dug a bit deeper and hit what looked like duct tape wraping plastic . at that point i stoped
thinking a dime is not worth what i may find..

so the question is do i call the number and say hey i found your dog tag. do you um want it back or should i just drop in in the mail and send it back to them? or trash if saveing the 37 cents postage ..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
upier

upier

Jan 6, 2005
thats what i did not want to find out odd thing is it's in a current school yard. odd place to put fido to rest

D

Darod

I think I'd go back and see what that signal was. The curiousity factor would drive me crazy! You owe it to fido ;)

Rod

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
Yah what Rod said.
You gotta know . heck it could be fido had ate a rolex and well it just went down wrong.....It's not like he will bite you now. :o

Red

N

Newbie1967

I would definitely keep digging. The dog tag could be a coincidence. Who knows what could be in that plastic? I'd... wear gloves tho. Eww. ;)

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
I used to live in mexico beach fla, these black plastic trash bag/duct tape bricks washed ashore twice (that I heard of) each had $100,000 in cash taped into a brick! I'd dig! 8)

RI-JenW

Feb 23, 2005
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep Diggin...

Attachments

• dig.gif
    dig.gif
    34.3 KB · Views: 292
N

Newbie1967

Upier,

If you decide to go back and find out what was in that plastic (I hope you do), please PLEASE be sure to post it (even if it's a corpse)

OP
OP
upier

upier

Jan 6, 2005
maybe this next weekend as a crap cold front moved in and made being outside less nice

and if i do find a body im gana post a snap shot to make all of you see it too :P

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found a dog tag once in a park. I put it in an envelope and sent it to the owners. They replied and sent me a couple of stamps.

N

Newbie1967

Upier,

Any update? Did you go back and find out what was in the plastic? I'm hoping for good news!

NB1967

R

rvbvetter

Hope you go back an check it. But if it's my mother inlaw, just leave it. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread