Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been trying to squeeze in every detecting opportunity that temps and light will allow. I must admit that Thursday and Friday were bone chilling and it was an effort to get out there for the 34-35 degree weather with 20-21 degree wind chill factor, snow flurries and cold, wet soils........
Today I cheated a bit with a tot-lot.........lots of clad and some cute trinkets.......

1210 Hunt.jpg

The bling ring had me laughing.......one of my year end goals was to find a 15th silver ring. I'm currently stuck at 14......God has a wonderful sense of humor!!

Friday was a new permission scouting mission............

1209 Hunt.jpg

But, later that day, one of the friendly tellers at my bank lifted my spirits with this.........

1209 Bank Score.jpg

Thursday did bring a little silver with the crucifix and chain on a re-grid of a recent permission...........

1208 Hunt.jpg

It's nice to know that there's more to find if the spirit and body are willing...........
Thanks for lookin' in, stay warm on out there and best of luck to all................

Upvote 16
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job beating old man winter; you did well! :occasion14:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to keep the fires a burnin'. Enjoy for as long as you can. Springtime is a long ways! :)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang Chizzy you've been swanging that coil. :headbang: Do you have a goal your chasing or are you just feeding the dragon? :dontknow::tongue3: My season might be over. Four inches of snow due today with more in the forecast. The ground was freezing yesterday. I had to hunt the sun lit areas only on my hunt yesterday. :crybaby2:

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_outstanding.gif
Ya did great Thanks for sharing...

Thanks, vpnavy.........

Congrats on some nice stuff

Thank you, art........you've been workin' it, too!

That's a sweet hunt,,
Yep,, old man winter is going to make an appearance real soon.
Congratulations

I'm fighting the cold, wind and snow, atw........and still have a few spot I'd like to get to before the winter solstice!! Thanks!!

Nice job beating old man winter; you did well! :occasion14:

Not sure I'm beating that ol' man, Doc.....he's sure been taking a toll on me!!

Way to keep the fires a burnin'. Enjoy for as long as you can. Springtime is a long ways! :)

Can't imagine being shut down until the vernal equinox, WHADIFIND.......it's too painful to think about..........thanks!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Chizzy you've been swanging that coil. :headbang: Do you have a goal your chasing or are you just feeding the dragon? :dontknow::tongue3: My season might be over. Four inches of snow due today with more in the forecast. The ground was freezing yesterday. I had to hunt the sun lit areas only on my hunt yesterday. :crybaby2:

Thanks, Loco-Digger. Yeah, I have a few adjusted goals I'd like to reach.
I began this year with a modest $1/hunt goal.......that was adjusted to $1/calendar day average.......that's done. Over $400 and counting..........
I just wanted to find a silver coin.........adjusted to 20 after finding the first 10.........now at 17..........
Wanted to find any 10 rings.......now at 52. Then after the silver rings started coming, I thought 15 would be reasonable........now at 14.
One, just one, gold ring for my stack!! Found one, and returned it to owner.......still looking for that one...........
Still, all in all, I have to consider this year (my first) to be a success..........
And, I'm not likely to get many more opportunities........the snow you got is falling on us right now and will continue until Monday at 1pm.......4 to 6 inches!! So, feeling your pain, brother.....congratulations on getting in a hunt in those conditions!!

Last edited:

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job. Sometimes it is more that the body is willing. Hard to get it motivated at times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread