Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey!
Cool post.. Meteorites were what got me into detecting.. Are you 100% sure these are meteorites? I dont see any fusion crust and for a rocky Chondrite the interior would be rather irregular.
Also not sure as the material looks like quartz rock which would definitely speak against it...anyways I am not an expert maybe you confirmed it with another source. Did you find those in a strewn field?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not meteorites, maybe Caliche (ka-lee'-chee, or sometimes klee'-chee) is a sedimentary rock, a hardened natural cement of calcium carbonate that binds other materials—such as gravel, sand, clay, and silt. It occurs worldwide, in aridisol and mollisol soil orders—generally in arid or semiarid regions, including in central and western Australia, in the Kalahari Desert, in the High Plains of the western USA, in the Sonoran Desert, and in Eastern Saudi Arabia Al-Hasa. Caliche is also known as hardpan, calcrete, kankar (in India), or duricrust. The term caliche is Spanish and is originally from the Latin calx, meaning lime.Caliche is generally light-colored, but can range from white to light pink to reddish-brown, depending on the impurities present. It generally occurs on or near the surface, but can be found in deeper subsoil deposits, as well. Layers vary from a few inches to feet thick, and multiple layers can exist in a single location.
In northern Chile and Peru, caliche also refers to mineral deposits that include nitrate salts.[SUP][1][/SUP] Caliche can also refer to various claylike deposits in Mexico and Colombia. In addition, it has been used to describe some forms of quartzite, bauxite, kaolinite, laterite, chalcedony, opal, and soda niter.
A similar material, composed of calcium sulfate rather than calcium carbonate, is called gypcrust.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
I have to appreciate the enthusiasm, Spacyyzz. A little bit of study might be helpful, however. My suggestion is to pick up a few books on meteorites. Bookmarking several websites that deal primarily with meteorites would also be helpful. Have fun learning. I know I do.

Time for coffee. Perhaps an additive in honor of snow this afternoon.

OP
OP
S

spaceyyzz

Dec 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No they are not meteorites but I will be posting a pic of a possible maybe you could help me determine

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Backwoods Bob could tell you a thing or two about them

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have convened with the Gods of Ancient Treasure and they agree with me that there is a monkey face with three bloodshot eyes inscribed on your meteorite.

Nice finds!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can also!!!!! The structural integredy of this stone suggests Myan workings. In order to see you must open your eyes and peer inside. I see a Lion a Sheep and a crow with a bent wing which points south which is indicative of treasure.. You must open your mind and see the rocks inside a rock is never just a rock it is a treasure symbol. I will leave you with one clue..The Knights Templar!!!! we will leave it at that!!!!! Sorry had to go there just kiddin from another thread!!!!!!!! I hope your find is a meteorite I'm sure we all have probably walked past one or two in our life time but have no idea they could blend in so well with other rocks cool find though Thanks for sharing your find!!!!!!!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that rock does lead to a Treasure !!!!!! The wives are the glue that holds it all together

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your stone are the work.of the Jesuit. Post them is treasure marks and sign thread. Nice heart. Take pictures of the small ones a little closer. Yes I can help you if you do that please.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What state or country you in? Don't need the town your in.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Your stone are the work.of the Jesuit. Post them is treasure marks and sign thread. Nice heart. Take pictures of the small ones a little closer. Yes I can help you if you do that please.

Excellent. Did they use the heart as a symbol?

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent. Did they use the heart as a symbol?
Yes the heart has more than one meaning. It all depends on how it's shaped. Sometimes it's also a mouse which means a stash. It can be used as a warning also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread