It's really a King George Copper (video, live dig)

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found another King George at my soybean field along with a few buttons. I love that field, new friend found a Trime and a very cool button, I'll have to get pix from him.
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad
Resized_20161215_071951.jpg Resized_20161215_071952.jpg Resized_20161215_071530.jpg Resized_20161215_072113.jpg Resized_20161215_072046.jpg Resized_20161215_072137.jpg Resized_20161215_072154.jpg

https://youtu.be/8dytV76muSI

Upvote 10

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another good find! It also looks like it's one of those "professonal hiders" I talk about. I saw it dive back into the hole too. Or....maybe...it took exception to all the sandpapering it was getting after hundreds of years of resting. ;) You said it looked like a Mass. Copper and I said, after wincing at that sandpaper sound, it might used to have been one. lol :tongue3:

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gotta love those colonial fields. Old coppers don't stand the test of time that well, but heck, it's a copper...nuff said. Congrats.

John

Bitdrop

Nov 23, 2013
Vermont
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Blisstool LTC64X v3,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you have a date on the copper? Is there any writing you can make out at all? Bust is looking left so i'm guessing George II on that, probably around 1750.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i sure wish I could hunt everyday. Maybe in about 10 years... :dontknow: Looks like you had another great day in the field. :hello2:

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing feeling to dig something from that long ago - that KG copper may have once belonged to one of our founding fathers! :headbang:

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another good find! It also looks like it's one of those "professonal hiders" I talk about. I saw it dive back into the hole too. Or....maybe...it took exception to all the sandpapering it was getting after hundreds of years of resting. ;) You said it looked like a Mass. Copper and I said, after wincing at that sandpaper sound, it might used to have been one. lol :tongue3:
Thanks
I sandpaper them just to make you cringe, from now on I'm going to hold it closer to the mike so you can hear all that copper just falling off that old King George. Listen to the video I made today, I think I rubbed that melba toast even harder, haaaaaaaaaaaaa
Sing this with me, sounds like that old song, "it's my party and I'll cry if I want to" New lyrics go It's my coin and I'll rub if I want to, rub if I want to.........

Gotta love those colonial fields. Old coppers don't stand the test of time that well, but heck, it's a copper...nuff said. Congrats.

John
I still like finding them, I have found a few that come out of the ground looking pretty darn good. Thanks

Do you have a date on the copper? Is there any writing you can make out at all? Bust is looking left so i'm guessing George II on that, probably around 1750.
Looks like a George II 1745

Congrats on the old copper and other nice finds
Thanks Art

I love the silver washed button!
I love those kind of buttons too. Thanks Steve

i sure wish I could hunt everyday. Maybe in about 10 years... :dontknow: Looks like you had another great day in the field. :hello2:
I wish you could too Loco, fun stuff, thanks

Amazing feeling to dig something from that long ago - that KG copper may have once belonged to one of our founding fathers! :headbang:
In my neck of the woods, you never know. Ever since I was a kid I heard stories about George Washington sleeping in the one place nearby me. I do believe there was allot of that going on around then with those guys!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt! :occasion14:

Most of our recovered colonial copper coins are toast in Massachusetts farms! :BangHead:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks
I sandpaper them just to make you cringe, from now on I'm going to hold it closer to the mike so you can hear all that copper just falling off that old King George. Listen to the video I made today, I think I rubbed that melba toast even harder, haaaaaaaaaaaaa
Sing this with me, sounds like that old song, "it's my party and I'll cry if I want to" New lyrics go It's my coin and I'll rub if I want to, rub if I want to.........

Well, shuckins and heckfire! Be that way then! But you dasn't come 'roun' and tries ta tells me ta helps ya ID-ify one! Not if youse is a gonna sandpapers off'ns tha dates! ;)

(Boy oh boy! Gonna catch it for that one!! DUCK!! INCOMIN' !!!! ) :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread