Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had done a year end count of my finds about a week ago. Ended up going out a couple of times this week and now I have to change it on all counts. Silver coins went up to 157 pieces including 10 seated and Indians went up to 221.

Here's yesterday's finds from a favorite old park. Indians were old once including an 1860 fatty, 64, 65, 75, 76, 03 and one I haven't finished cleaning to get a date. Always like finding seated and yesterday's finds brings me to 10 seated dimes for the year.

Btw, I don't usually mention Wheaties, but earlier in the week pulled 26 from one spot and my last hunt only had 4, compared to 7 Indians.

Happy New Year and Happy Hunting!

20161231_151908.jpg 20170101_062923.jpg

20161231_105852.jpg 20161231_105823.jpg

Below are from different spot earlier in the week.

20161226_165352.jpg 20161227_161746.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 22

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really nice finds. You have a sweet park to hunt for sure.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds ! I hope someday to be hunting ground so "rich" that I would not mention wheat cents. I've had a lot of hunts where a "wheatie" was the only find worth mentioning .

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really nice finds. You have a sweet park to hunt for sure.

I've only been hunting this park for a few years. It's been heavily hunted for 40 years. Fortunately it's a BIG park and gets a lot of people. It opened in the 1860's and the first summer it was opened it had 100,000 visitors. That's a lot of people to loose stuff.

Excellent finds ! I hope someday to be hunting ground so "rich" that I would not mention wheat cents. I've had a lot of hunts where a "wheatie" was the only find worth mentioning .

You need to do some hunting in the northeast. There are lots of old parks and almost all of them have some good old coins. The only reason I even like digging wheaties is they tell me there is possibly silver
Good job. Wish I had a park like that

As I mentioned earlier. The whole northeast and pretty much the whole east coast has old parks and they usually have some good coins if you can get down to them.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow,,, what else can I say. Congrats on digging all those keepers. :occasion14: I sure would like to find another seated coin soon. 10 in one years is awesome.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the handful of silver! :occasion14:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure you'rs right about those N.E. parks Don , I hope to get there someday. It seems like with the population density out there, that so many of these parks would be pounded to death by now - clearly it isn't so . You guys (and gals ) in the East find Indian Heads with about the frequency I find Lincoln memorial back cents ! Living in Santa Fe as I do - you'd think this would be no problem , but I have yet to put the coil over one (this may well be the year though)

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thing with these old "hunted out" parks is the only guys who are pulling old coins out of them are guys swinging either a CTX 3030 or an XP Deus and they know how to use them. 90% of the guys pulling old stuff are using the CTX. I try not to even dig coins that are less than 5" in my favorite park as there are so many clads. The good stuff is usually 6"-8" down and sometimes deeper. I'm probably passing some good stuff. This park has literally been pounded for 40 years. There used to be a metal detector dealer across the street starting in the 1970's. On occasion, as with one park I've hunted for 35 years, you can find a spot that people just overlooked. I found one small spot earlier in the year where I pulled more than 30 pieces of silver including 12 the first few hours. I guess is was just one spot people overlooked. Big parks can never be hunted out. Both of the parks I'm referring to are over 500 acres.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It's nice to se your post Don. I missed your year-end post bro I'll be sure to check it out. Nice set of scores today. That would be a satisfying day in my book. Cheers and happy new year

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome way to end the year Don! Nice job pulling those silvers and Indians.

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's nice to se your post Don. I missed your year-end post bro I'll be sure to check it out. Nice set of scores today. That would be a satisfying day in my book. Cheers and happy new year

Haven't done the final year end post yet. Got some photos to take. It was a great year for silver, 10 seated, my earliest silver 1759 pistareen and a bunch of other goodies. I'll post it up soon.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That's a great day of hunting. You have a very productive site and I can't wait to see what you dig up next from this location

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gee Wizzz...You guys on the east coast find more seated than we find rosies! ....I think I'm going to move to New York...Awesome seated dime!

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great way to end the year! Would love to see a reverse pic of the seated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread