I wanted to find a .50 BMG and I did.

KandiKlover

Jan 7, 2017
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (got for free)
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Out here there used to be a military airfield long ago, WW2 or so I believe. I talked to some people and went to what used to be a machine gun practice range for aerial shooting I heard, there was a dirt mound down range where a lot of bullets got caught but I heard you can find them far away up in the mountains as well. I hit up the dirt mound, didn't really need a detector but it sure helped. I was looking for mostly intact ones and managed to find a neat one. They used unrifled practice barrels so no grooves in the bullet even.

YIFF0009.jpg

Upvote 7

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome. Is yours armor piercing or just a FMJ. The armor piercing are copper over steel and will stick to a magnet. The others are copper over lead. I find plenty around Michigan and the newest shell has been 1926. Most are 21 - 23.

OP
OP
KandiKlover

KandiKlover

Jan 7, 2017
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (got for free)
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Awesome. Is yours armor piercing or just a FMJ. The armor piercing are copper over steel and will stick to a magnet. The others are copper over lead. I find plenty around Michigan and the newest shell has been 1926. Most are 21 - 23.

Thanks, this one is an armor piercing, it stuck to the magnet really strong when I tried it earlier. The ones around here are from the from around the 40s. That's neat you find them that far back. I used to live in Saginaw before.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread