sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I went out to the local park in Fresno ca today that dates back to the early 1900s. I was told by other detectorists when I first started this hobby that Indian heads and old silvers were still pulled out of the park, but it was rare. I've pulled a handful of wheat cents outta there, but my oldest coin to date from that park was a 1941 wheat.

Today, I broke into the 1800s....just barely! Got myself an 1899 Indian head!!! It's in pretty good condition, but not as good as the last one I found...(my last one was out of town on a permission hunt).

So I know and IH isn't much to brag about (especially for those of you from older parts of the US) but around here, this is an incredible find! Stoked!!!

HH everyone.

Sgt ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484602390.569376.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484602408.006757.jpg

Upvote 23

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know the park you are speaking of, congrats.I asked the city workers what they did with all the dirt from the expansion and they used it to fill in old pond area but they dug a new pond? and spread the rest around that area, they also dug a line in in the southwest corner over by the tennis courts so some new dirt on top now, give it a try, to far for me to drive right now, so maybe you can find some goodies there.Good luck.

When they dug the new pond I watched as the truckloads of dirt left the park and were driven westbound on Olive. I asked one of the guys where it was going and he claimed to not know. I wanted to follow the trucks but I was working at the time and wasn't able to.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they dug the new pond I watched as the truckloads of dirt left the park and were driven westbound on Olive. I asked one of the guys where it was going and he claimed to not know. I wanted to follow the trucks but I was working at the time and wasn't able to.

Yeah they were storing it off site then bringing back to fill old pond in by what the city worker told me and everything was behind the fences so couldn't get in too see.The rest is probably in a city yard somewhere for fill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread