todays finds

K

k9lawman0044

Hello all, Im new to MDing and matter a fact i just recieved my first MD to day. I was so excited to see the UPS truck I could hardly stand it. I got the new ACE 250 out, put it together read the instructions. By this time it was dark, but like a little kid with a new toy I had to try it out, so i grabbed the flash light and a little shovel and headed outside to the yard. As soon as I stepped off the porch the 250 sounded out, kind of scared me at first. I hunted for about an hour. I found several pieces of trash and then I found an old Bullet, not sure how old it is but it had never been fired and it had a 33 on the bottom of it, its about the size of a 30-06, after that i found some more trash and Then the 250 sounded off and said it located a dime. I started digging and found the dime about 2 in down, I then swung the MD over the same hole again to make sure and it sounded off again. I found in all 1 quarter, 1 dime, 3 pennys none of them old but it was my first find I was so excited. My wife then called for me wanting me to do something so i went in but the hole was still sounding off so ill go back in the morning. Im hooked now ;D

Upvote 0

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Welcome to our addiction! Sounds like you're off to a great start. Now you'll just have to figure out how to schedule time for work in between bouts of detecting. Welcome to the Forum. You'll find that it can be just about as addicting as detecting. Congrats on your First Finds. It can only get better from here on. Spotz

OP
OP
K

k9lawman0044

im already addicted to the site. this is so much fun

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
There is no help for ya now.....Dont know of any detectaholics annonymous.. ;D Guess it's dig dig dig now!! Welcome and good luck!! Keep us posted!

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Welcome k9lawman! I, too am a LEO here in Kentucky! Glad to have you on board. I jsut got a shipment of those Ace 250's in and they flew out of here (I run a small online detector sales business). I am using one that I am going to rent over the summer months, and I gotta say it seems like one mean little machine. Seems a bit sensitive, though, so I am going back out today and lowering the sensitivity setting waaaay back and see if I have a little more luck.

Anyway, welcome aboard! Looking frorward to hearing from you more often!

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, and Congrats on the great first finds. I also swing the 250, you will love it, it is a great machine. One thing you should do is turn the sensitivity down to 50% (just 4 bars showing). Otherwise it will drive you crazy. It is a very sensitive machine, you might want to even tape the bottom part of you cable to the shaft, it will help. I am sure we will be seeing plenty of posts from you, and remember if you can we do like to see pics. Good Luck and Happy Hunting. Joe

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, quick ACE250 question: Why tape the coil cable to the shaft? I have a brand new one myself, only had it out once. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've heard someone mention taping the cable to the shaft/ Why is this? Thanks in advance to your explanation to the MDing newbie!

R

rvbvetter

Great start!! And just think. This is only the beginning. WTG!! HH

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get some headphones then you can"pretend"you didnt hear here ::) hey keep it goin the digs will just get better!
;D

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks DigginD. I did get that book with the ACE250, but haven't gotten to read thaty one yet. I have read the owners manual, and am engrossed in "The New Successfull Coin Hunting: which also came with it. Thanks again!

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By taping the cable to the shaft it will cut down on some of the false signals, if the cable moves just right it will send out a false signal. Like I said it is very sensitive, you will notice that at some of the small items it will pick up on. You have chosen a great machine, I am sure you will have a lot of good finds with it. Good Luck and Happy Hunting. Joe

N

Newbie1967

Good job and a great start! But don't forget the digital camera so you can start posting pictures! :)

Jim

salkns

Mar 5, 2005
Channahon Illinois
I'm new as well. I got a Bounty Hunter for Christmas from my hubby, and took it out with my son yesterday afternoon. We went to a local park and right off the bat found 2 dimes, 2 nickles, 6 pennies, and a Chuck E. Cheese token. Guess which one my 6 yearold thought was the best? Yup! The token!! I am hooked as well! Happy hunting K9!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread