Attachments

• 100_0047 (Custom).JPG
    100_0047 (Custom).JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
? ::) huh? how did that happen? I think it was a mistrike. i think they meant to do a dime but the penny one stamped on a dime size? maybe, HH CS

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
If that is a penny struck on a dime planchet, you might have a nice little coi there worth a little bit of money. Can't say for sure since the pic is kind of blurry, but I hope that's what you got! Congrats!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Boy, and the news talks about our shrinking dollar. The economy must be going even faster than I thought. Is the edge reeded like a dime?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is it a 1964 & about an 1/4 inch across ? I found one about 5 years ago. there is a name for them, But I cant recall it right now here is mine in a dime folder

Attachments

• Photo001.jpg
    Photo001.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 334
D

Darod

Hey that penny is cool but that quarter looks like it may have an extra blade on the corn! If it does it's worth about $500! Take a close look it before you spend it.

The pic is blurry so I may be wrong.

Rod

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
My dad is a coin collector and he told me you can order these pennies they're just a collector piece if you want more information on how to get one let me know I will get it and post it.

Onion

OP
OP
M

mercypa

That penney was not a mistrike just someones idea to lighten the change in their pockets. LOL As far as striking it on a dime planchet it is even smaller heres a better pic of it with a dime.OnionRings was right just a novelty item but how about seeding a field with them and taking a friend with you to hunt.If it isn't fun then it's not for me.Thanks for looking.
Doug

(Thanks for looking?I think I got E-BAY on my mind.)

Attachments

• 100_0074 (Medium).JPG
    100_0074 (Medium).JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 238

serb535

Sep 10, 2004
cleveland ohio
Detector(s) used
whites prizm III
i have a morgan like that, i asked the local coin dealer about it and he chucckled, said he hadn't seen on like that in a while. mine was a gimic coin about how taxes are shinking our money. i still thought it was cool though.....serb

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions