Sterling Class Ring

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Put in a short hunt before work. Pretty slim pickins except for my first class ring. Rang up like a clad quarter at 2", and I never pass up an easy quarter. The ring reads "1984" and "Avon Avenue School", which is in beautiful Newark, NJ. There are initials on the inside of the ring, so i'm really looking forward to trying to find the owner. Hopefully he now owns several acres of undetected land with a colonial mansion on it.

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_4229.PNG IMG_4232.JPG

Upvote 13

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. Now dont pass up an easy nickel( or pulltab:) and the next one may be gold. Big gold clsss rings probably ring higher than nickels though. My only gold class ring was broken and mangeled so it sounded terrible and the numbers were all over the place

Last edited:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find, good luck on the new mansion permissions!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome recovery Murray, :hello2: Good luck with your return.

I think I found the guy who lost the ring I found in late December. After visiting the local library in the town where the HS was located I found his picture in the yearbook, this was a necessity since I could not be 100% sure of getting the correct last name spelling. He moved to TN from Ohio. I sent him a PM on FB and then I noticed he hasn't posted anything in over a year, the same as his brother. I still have a few leads though and I think his mother still lives in the county. I also have a lead on his wife or ex-wife which may be a sticky situation.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice ring! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread