First coinstar silver

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to Wally world after work today to get the family groceries. On my way out the door happened to check the reject tray on the coinstar. I could see a dime and snagged it quick and continued my way out the door. I knew it had a chance of being silver due to the off colored gray it was and to the fact it was in the reject tray. Since it was dark it took until I was able to get into my truck, turn on the dome light, and verify it was indeed silver. 1964. Just squeaked it in. Good way to end a long work week that included me launching a nail from a nail gun through my thumb.

Attachments

• 1484967754087.jpg
    1484967754087.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 120

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's crazy huh Ive got two dimes out of coinstars once I went to Miejers grocery store and this guy went to cash in some coins right before I got to it and he found a pile of coins and I'm not sure what they were but I remember the clerk saying to keep em when he asked about it I just missed some possible really good finds I don't know how anyone could miss that many coins and not know it anyway good job!!!!!!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice...it's that time of year...we'll take silver any way we can get it! I scored my first a few weeks ago...a 1953 Rosie...I said "hey Mr. Roosevelt, looks like you've had a rough go of it...let's get you home and into retirement"...ha...he's living it up now and perfectly happy being out of circulation...ddf

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Ouch! Nail Gun thumb shot=No Good! Wait....without that good old opposible thumb how'd you make the grab?

Sorry 'bout the thumb. Good job on the 64 grab! Silver for free!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save! :icon_thumleft: Good thing you're luckier with the Coinstar than with the nail gun. :laughing7:

OcdChaos

Dec 29, 2016
The South
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading on here that Coinstars could have hidden treasure, I've been checking the ones around here over the last couple of weeks. Always got a big zero until today. Walked past one at WallyWorld today, and glanced into the return tray, and saw a handful of coins. My eyes got huge, and I quickly gathered them and threw them in my pocket and walked off, was going to just check them over in the car. Got to the car, pulled out 3 quarters, 3 dimes, a nickel, and 3 pennies. I wa thinking jackpot, 6 silvers, only to look at them and see they were all recent clad coins. �� At least I am $1.13 richer...ha.
On a more positive note that happened later today, I was going through Burger King, and got my change back from buying a hamburger. In my change, one of the pennies was a 1944 Wheat Cent. I still love finding those in everyday cash transactions, although it doesn't happen that often anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread