Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Barber & IH over the weekend:

Hey all
Went to another local park Sunday. We've been over the area several times before, so I wasn't all that fired up about really finding much. We weren't there but just a few minutes when one of my parters popped out a 1910 Canadian dime. It wasn't but a few minutes later he found another 1908 Barber, and I followed right behind him with a 1907 barber dime. Also, one of my other parters ( my cousin ) found a 1880 IH, and I found a 1900 IH... Not too bad for an old hunted out park. My cuz was having battery problems, so we packed in up. I'm sure, even though we've been there a dozen times, we'll be back there again sometime in the future...

The post is a little late, but I haven't had the time to get the pics ready...
Here are my two finds:
Barber1907.JPG
IH1900.JPG

The dime was at about 7", with a good solid high-tone, and the IH was at about 6" to 7", hit'n on an iffy penny ID...
I have only found 4 IH's so far, but this one is in the worse condition of all of them. Most of the ones I've found have the nice green patina ( <Spellcheck ) on them.
Must have been the ground conditions...

Upvote 0
S

sal1966

Re: Barber & IH over the weekend:

i found 4 barbers last year in one month. they come out of the ground real nice. found an 1899 an a 1916 2 feet from each other.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Good digs! Gotta love those hunted out parks!

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Thanks all,,,
Hey alwayslookin,,, Haven't seen ya on in a while... You been having any luck on your end?
It's starting to get warmer,, well have to hook up sometime soon...

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds, goes to show no park is really "hunted out"!!!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Nice coins, Leon! Aren't suprises nice? just when you think there's nothing much there, something shows to prove you wrong. HH

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Very nice finds! I haven't found any old coinage yet! Getting a new detector tomorrow..can't wait to see what that baby will do! I would be so thrilled to find something like you found! Good job!

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats, nice digs. There is always stuff left even when hunted very hard. Happy Hunting. Joe

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Thanks again all...
Hey BigRig, I live here on the westside of Indy... I've been looking down your way for some places to detect.
Had to go to the vet there in Beanblossom a few weeks ago, and did not want to come back home. The scenery, and the people down that way are a whole lot nicer then in this town... Probably won't do much traveling until the weathers warms up. Maybe we can all get together sometime.

Hey Treasurelady, congrats on the new detector. What detector are you getting?
I'm sure that you will find some older stuff soon...

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy

Hey Leon;

Haven't even been able to get out...definitely want to, and hopefully will this weekend. Would look forward to the get together

Dave

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

alwayslookin, Sorry to hear about ya not being able to get out... The weather looks to be get'n a whole lot better then it has been, so maybe that will help... I have to put a furnace in this weekend, so I'm not sure when I will be-able to get out, if at all...
I sure with the weather get'n the way it is, we could hook up sometime soon...

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy

That will be cool. One place I plan on getting to this spring..before mushroom season is that deserted cemetary and curch site in Morgan Monore tha I found a few years back. Have never hunted it, except mushroom hunting..pretty deep in the forrest and a little creepy to say the least. definitely want some company on that one.

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread