wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heavy surf... stormy conditions today. We have some erosion but still a lot of sand locally. Hunted in the pouring rain for about three hours today. Kept telling myself there has to be be some gold here because of the action. Lots of small cuts and slopes which produced quite a few targets. Did manage one 40-s wheat penny and 58-D Rosie, couple of dollar coins and a lot of clad. I also found some of these large lead Elephant coins with a red dot on them. Did some research on Google & Tnet came up. There are some older posts about this coin but I'm still not sure what they are? No pics today because of the weather, left my phone in the truck. I'll try again tomorrow!

IMG_1091.JPG IMG_1093.JPG IMG_1089.JPG

Upvote 9

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Thanx for the so. CA update. My totals from Monterey Bay Beach was 259 coins, of which 9 were silver, 3 V's, 1 buff., an IH, & 2 silver rings.

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought, could be a token representing Ganesha, Hindu Elephant God.
Maybe a good luck token.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on all those finds. At least you had plenty of targets to dig. I enjoy to hunt in areas that are target rich.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on all those finds. At least you had plenty of targets to dig. I enjoy to hunt in areas that are target rich.

Exactly...like Loco sez...there's nothing like a target rich..or virgin area to hunt! I admit I'll cherry pick..gobble up the high tones and then mid-tones...and more than once, I've done better with the mids! I'm as we speak, leaving for a short huntil at a place where we've dug Barbers, Indians, Mercs and an awesome 2-center...it's raining but not snowing and it's been over a month since I've swung that coil...the withdrawals are killing me!...shakes, cold sweats, the cravings lol...but congrats on those sweet finds WC...ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread