Did I find my first gold? Another dirt digging day with Indian Steve

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
At least it was another good day, but very stiff wind gusts - I teetered on one leg several times during a blast!

I found 26 cents, 2 nickels, 5 dimes and 4 quarters for a total of 37 total coins.

Also found this apparent silver charm. It's marked but even with the celestron I can't read it. I did the 18k gold acid test for it, and it turned bright blue, showing positive. It's tiny, weighs .69 grams.

Diamond Ring Charm.jpg

And, I found this ring, Steve & I thought it was brass, the color is just a little off. We couldn't find any markings. So, I tested it using the 10k acid and it did not dissolve. I moved up to 14k acid and it did dissolve.

Indicating positive?

Pretty ring:

Ring again.jpg Ring top.jpg

Ring Stone.jpg Ring Face.jpg

The ring weighs 5.33 grams

Keep digging! There's something for everybody!

Upvote 12

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ring looks great! Glad you got out. Just lean into it 💨

HH, RN

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Last night I was just about convinced that ring was 10K.

This morning I wanted to prove it to myself again, and now I'm not sure. I tested it again and used the Celestron to snap a good picture of it. Maybe I had the lighting off.

But Today I'm not convinced it is gold, though a lot of the patch had not dissolved with the new 10K test swipe. Here's a pic, maybe not the best pic, but you can somewhat see not all had dissolved after 10 minutes under the solution.

10K Test.jpg

Any input?

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
It looks like it may be plated. Your test yesterday may have rubbed off the gold plating, and today it was down to the base metal

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ring looks to be poorly crafted I doubt its gold I have had that happen to me many times. Though that you thought it was gold for a while is a good feeling !!!!!!!! While it lasted

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a nice looking ring. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I guess I'll just have to go out and dig another one!!!

You know, if at first... Then, try again! That's pretty easy to do since I'm fever stricken!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread