Didn't Want To Bring Home My Find!

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got a chance to go out for a short hunt today at a small site I've been wanting to try. Some foil, bottles caps and a piece of tin that are about all that turned up..almost. I started walking a very narrow trail merrily swinging along. What do I find? Well looky there! It's none other than Mr. Jake No Shoulders himself! Right in the middle of the path about four feet away was a yellow rat snake that was about 4 feet long. It was a quick little startle just seeing a snake out at this time of year. The weather has been really screwy and it was hitting near 80 degrees today. Guess he wanted a little sun. I gently set my detector and shovel down and got the phone out to get Jake's picture. Before I could get him lined up he slithered away. Good bye!! For the next 5 or 10 minutes it seemed I was seeing everything as a potential snake. Yeah, I had left the snake boots in the truck. It's Feb, who needs snake boot?!! Yeah, okay! The sad thing is he was the biggest ting I found. At least I got more time with my Deus!

This ain't him, but he was identical in case someone doesn't know what a yellow rat snake looks like (and doesn't care to find out in person!):

elaobs8.jpg

Upvote 13

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pray tell me how does a snake ring up on your detector?:tongue3: What was it's TID?

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty snake. I like seeing snakes from other parts of the country.

OP
OP
Palmetto Pony

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On my Deus it was a momentary screen annunciation. It said "OH CRAP"! I think it's almost like an overload alarm (...and don't go there, I know you want to!)LOL

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I first thought you say it didin't ring up as anything, but the detector started to smell like it crapped itself. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread