🥇 BANNER Found My First Gold Coin Finally!!!!!!!

bcboy

Nov 2, 2006
British Columbia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hi everyone, I can finally check this one off the list, i finally dug up my first gold coin, Whoo Whoo!! I was detecting a low tide and the first find was a early 1900s silver Canadian dime, hard to read the date, then found the usual junk for awhile and then dug up my first gold coin, i finally did it. At first sight I thought i dug up one of thoes modern thick euro coins that look like gold coins at first and gets your heart beating but im gladd its not the case this time, its the real deal. Thanks for looking and good luck to everone. Whoo Whoo!!

Attachments

• 1914-great-britain-gold-sovereign-002.jpg
    1914-great-britain-gold-sovereign-002.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 802
  • 1914-great-britain-gold-sovereign-big.jpg
    1914-great-britain-gold-sovereign-big.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 741
Upvote 105

7red7

Jan 24, 2017
N.W.Ontario
Detector(s) used
ATPRO Int., GTI2500 , Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumright: I strive to find the same, Great find eh. Good on ya brother. A real trophy find.

montcalm

Jan 31, 2015
Lévis, Quebec
Detector(s) used
Tesoro shark,Tesoro Cortes, ExcaliburII,Garett Atpro
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow that's the number one wish list for all ,and nice design,Cong..On LCM Dave found a gold coins around Vancouver last fall.Would be nice to see it if you clean it .

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the BANNER! :notworthy:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, I can finally check this one off the list, i finally dug up my first gold coin, Whoo Whoo!! I was detecting a low tide and the first find was a early 1900s silver Canadian dime, hard to read the date, then found the usual junk for awhile and then dug up my first gold coin, i finally did it. At first sight I thought i dug up one of thoes modern thick euro coins that look like gold coins at first and gets your heart beating but im gladd its not the case this time, its the real deal. Thanks for looking and good luck to everone. Whoo Whoo!!

WTG Man.
In this "Fair" World everyone should get to dig at-Least 1 Gold Coin.
A $20 one in my Case. LOL
Good Job , A Silver coin to boot. , Heck yea

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Canadian Gold coin find, keeper coming. :goldtrophy:

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whoo whoo is right, what a beauty. I don't know if I'll ever find a gold coin, but like most hunters it's top of my list. Congratulations on the banner find!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your first gold coin and hope you keep finding them.

OP
OP
bcboy

bcboy

Nov 2, 2006
British Columbia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
I just wanted to say thanks for all the cool comments about my first gold coin find.I have hunted the area where i found my first gold coin more than 20 times and have found alot of older silver coins such as nickles, dimes, quarters and half dollars that all dated from the early 1900's and by finding all these older coins in this area, this gave me the hope that i could possibly one day find a gold coin here because people carried gold coins just as commonly as the silver coins, such as the ones ive found in this location and so there is a good possibility that a gold coin was lost here also and sure enough i found a gold coin here and i just wanted to mention this so you all realise you all have the same opportunity to find your gold coin where you have been digging up older coins, relics and artifacts so never think its hunted out and never give up! Here are a few updated pictures of my gold coin after i cleaned it and also a few pictures of the silver Canadian dime that i dug up before the gold coin and about 50 feet away. These silver coins sure come out of the ocean really black from soaking in there for over 100 years. Good luck everyone!

Attachments

• first gold coin 001.JPG
    first gold coin 001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
  • first gold coin 002.JPG
    first gold coin 002.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
  • first gold coin 004.JPG
    first gold coin 004.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
  • first gold coin 005.JPG
    first gold coin 005.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 104

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

That is so frickin' cool! Nicely done, and all the best for finding that heart-stopping beauty!

Lanny

BigBoom

Feb 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab E-trac,
Minelab Sovereign XS2a Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations, still looking for mine :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions