Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: C.S. Button

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6149 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRebel1861 View Post
    Good to know that another one was found at a civil war site. Mine is made of brass.
    Ahhh, it looked pretty shiny. Mine was found in Hardwoods & has that Brown Crust on the Brass that comes from such sites.

Yours look's better. You can see the Details in the brass much better on yours.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Silver Coin Fiend

Apr 2014
    Charlotte
    XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
    15844 times
    Digging In Strangers Front Yards
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Congrats on a killer piece of Southern history.

Well played sir!
    GaRebel1861 likes this.

us
    Mar 2010
    Southwest Georgia
    XP Deus, White's DFX
    5619 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    Man I'm so Sorry, I don't think much before I post , When I Filled out the Banner Comments , I was thinking of you & stated "It could not have been found by a more Deserving Digger" .. If that Helps?

I can come down , Plant on 2-3 inches down PM you & give you a Square Mile or 2 to search in.
    It could take you awhile to find it (if ever) then you could say your truly Found one. Kinda

It's like you know the Silver /Gold is in an area / You just gotta find it.

Tho I'm happy for GaRebel , I had really hoped it was you that dug it.

As you know not a Ton of Confederate Buttons are Found in SW Ga, Esp, below Columbus or Macon.

I'm truly Sorry if I made you look bad.
    Today I'm the Bum....
    I was just pulling your chain. I am happy that GaReb found it even if it is the fifth confederate button he has found at that site. If the Good Lord wants me to find a CS relic I will. Maybe I should head north in my quest? I wish GAReb had the say so on who hunts this site but it is not up to him. I used to hunt there and have found some pretty nice relics but the landowner stopped everybody but Ga from hunting after catching some trespassers digging holes in his fields looking for Indian artifacts. I even called the owner and asked if he would consider letting me back on his land but was politely turned down with a "Let me think about it" response. I'll just have to revel in Ga's finds!
    Davers and wayfas4u like this.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel.

us
    Jan 2012
    MS, Lynchberg
    XP DEUS
    2519 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Killer button in very nice condition. Congrats. That baby would make my year.........
    Banner all day long.
    Seeing that button definitely gives me hope.
    GaRebel1861 likes this.
    Another day older and deeper in debt.

ca
    Feb 2017
    XP DEUS X terra 705 Fisher F2
    3008 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Wow is all I can say
    And of coarse a huge congrats
    GaRebel1861 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2011
    Occupied Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
    Minelab 800 WHITE MXT & NEW VX3 a At Pro and a few others
    1077 times
    CS! Wow
    GaRebel1861 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    24329 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Nice finds
    GaRebel1861 likes this.
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8286 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I swear you have the best of luck. Most of us are happy to get a bullet now days and you dig a button and c.s no less. Congrats and very nice save like the knife too!
    GaRebel1861 and Davers like this.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

us
    alabama

Nov 2015
    north Alabama
    Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equanox 800.
    1097 times
    Relic Hunting
    Great save. Hope you find thr rest of them. Hope to see more of those.
    GaRebel1861 and Davers like this.
    Proverbs 3:5-6 (Trust in the Lord)

5*Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    And do not lean on your own understanding.
    6*In all your ways acknowledge Him,
    And He will make your paths straight.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
    I was just pulling your chain. I am happy that GaReb found it even if it is the fifth confederate button he has found at that site. If the Good Lord wants me to find a CS relic I will. Maybe I should head north in my quest? I wish GAReb had the say so on who hunts this site but it is not up to him. I used to hunt there and have found some pretty nice relics but the landowner stopped everybody but Ga from hunting after catching some trespassers digging holes in his fields looking for Indian artifacts. I even called the owner and asked if he would consider letting me back on his land but was politely turned down with a "Let me think about it" response. I'll just have to revel in Ga's finds!
    Good Man .
    You got the right mindset , You will (I pray) get a Confederate Button Soon ,From another site or that one .
    Hope the land Owner changes his mind .
    Good Luck Down There.
    Davers
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

Davers

us
    Nick

Nov 2012
    Connecticut
    Garrett AT PRO/Garrett Ace 250 + 8.5x11" DD Coil/ Garrett Pro-Pointer & Pro-Pointer AT/ Vibra-Tector 730/ Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Retired)
    1157 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    Came late to the party but I would have voted BANNER if it weren't already BANNER! Congratulations on an incredibly rare CW/CS find!
    GaRebel1861 and wayfas4u like this.

"...if this is tea bring me coffee, and if it is coffee bring me tea."
    An unidentified “distinguished citizen of North Carolina, January 1840 in the “Madison Courier” of Madison, Indiana

GaRebel1861 likes this.
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT,YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'Time isn't money it's finds, unless your finds are money' 08/12/17
    'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' 25/06/08
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.
    Why is knowledge power, when life is passing on sh*t... 03/03/19
    ONE LIFE - DETECT IT

us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6453 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
    You could get permission from his neighbors to walk their' properties where they join his' with your' head hung low like you are going to cry and maybe he will take pity on you and let you back on the property.

Frank

us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6453 times
    Congrats GaReb on a super nice find and for getting the Banner! It is well deserved for the find!

Frank
    GaRebel1861 likes this.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6149 times

Oh Yeah!

BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! On The Banner

I Knew it would look great up there. & I sure Does.
    GaRebel1861 likes this.

Davers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links