Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The warm weather has finally afforded me the opportunity to get out and hunt........the first time in a couple of weeks. And, I really need the time with the Vaquero before I hit my permission list in earnest. The problem is that most public sites have been hunted to death. But, armed with a machine that will get deeper than my Compadre, I set out with enthusiasm and optimism this weekend...................................
Um..........things did not go well at all. I scratched at Mother Earth for hours and was rewarded with some of the deepest pull tabs, can slaw, nails and junk that I have ever dug!! My clad finds were pitiful........less than $4 in 14 hours of searching. I knew that learning the Vaquero was going to take some time, but........REALLY?? I felt like Wee Willie Keeler's saying "Hit 'em where they ain't"..........because what I was looking for wasn't where I was at!! The good news is that half of my finds were 6, 7 and 8 inches.......so, there's progress.
Then, today, I was blessed with a little ray of sunshine!!

0220 Keepers.jpg 0220 Gold.jpg

There were 6 wheats for the weekend, the oldest is a 1929. And, there were a few interesting relics. The key does not have any railway markings and is hollow from the front to the mid point of the shaft. But the little broken ring in front is a 14k gold band. That made up for all my frustration and gives me the incentive for afternoon hunts the rest of the week................

Thanks for lookin' in and I hope that the good stuff is where your at!!

Upvote 20

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions