Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hooked up with a friend at a Westchester County Permission. I know that a house once stood on this location. It is not far from a documented raid on a house that was burned to the ground by the Tories during the Revolutionary War. I had no clue what we might find but always wanted to hunt the site.
With the crazy warm February weather that we have been getting, I had to jump on this permission. The vegetation appears to be starting to poke through the sod and it won't be long before these wooded areas and fields are overgrown. As it was, we had to struggle with briars, brambles, muddy fields, and thorns.

Once the house site was located, we got into some nice Iron signals. Less than 15 minutes into the hunt and I'm holding an old axe head in my hand. Any help with the age of this tool would be appreciated. Five minutes later and my hunting buddy is holding another axe head. This is going to be fun. Sure enough, a nice Iron Stirrup joins the axe head. I pulled quite a few pieces of brass and my buddy got a skeleton key. Those are always nice.
One of my favorite finds for the day is a Double Gilt No. 2 Flat Button. This cleaned up nicely. Anyone care to date the button??
Not much clad to be found in this area but I did come across 4 arrow tips. Lots of deer signs.
Great day, good hunt, wonderful companionship, unbelievable February Weather.

IMG_6055.JPG IMG_6054.JPG

IMG_6053.JPG IMG_6052.JPG

IMG_6049.JPG IMG_6056.JPG

Upvote 18
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the hunt! :occasion14: Looks like you have a great site to work!

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the digs. Looks like you may be on a good site. Hope you score big!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt there - you have a spot with some great potential! :icon_thumright:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work buddy

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's nice to see you hunting some-wheres besides the parks of NYC ATW. Congrats on enjoying a fun relic hunt.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome gilt button, sir up, but the star of the show is that great ax head!! Congrats and HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread