• so so

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Hello, names Dusty, saw this site just recent and was very intersting, and seen all the people are friendly and have neat post, i am new to detecting, just bought a garrett ace 250 from advarkdetectors on ebay, . from the research i found this is a nice one to have , i tryed it out at a local park that is pretty heavily hunted especially lately, lady lost a $10,000 ring a few weeks ago , i turned the machine on as i got close to geting across the parking lot and in the most unlikely place to find a coin, at the edge of the pavent soonest possible place to detect ding ding, ace 250 made me a happy believer , 1965 dime, continuned for a few more hours and found not much junk with low discrimination on, i found 5 quarters , 11 dimes, 18 pennies, 1 nickel, 1 canadian cent, and a marked jmf, stg horser jewlery pendant, going tommorrow to a large park where thousands of concert people go in the summertime i will find alot on the beach and in the lawn will post more of my finds tommorrow night, hope this helps the ace 250 to be owner, i think it's a killer machine, i would see no problem relic hunting with this i was getting coins in the sand on high descrimation at 10 inches, to pick up large bullets and brass item should be no problem, coing hunting obviously this is a nice machine if a rookie like me can find them , good hunting all , Dusty

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 783

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
10" clad quarters....Holy cow! That is some deep clad! I think you have a great first day with the Ace 250, keep it up and welcome to T-Net

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Great first day!

Welcome to the Tnet forum!

Congrats! I like the horse pendant!

Ridley

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Congrats on your coin finds and owning one of the hottest detector's on the market.

I know you will be finding old coins soon. Last year I found over 4,000 clad coins with my ACE 250, plus many other silver coins and even a 6 pound cannonball. It is a great little detector.

Don't be afraid of using some of the other prompts on the detector. Try using the coin mode, the all metal mode, the jewelry mode and so on. A coin will sound the same in all metal as it does in the coin mode. Dig those iffy signals in the coin area on you detector screen. You might be surprised with what you find.

Good Luck, Ringfinder

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
SUPER FOR A FIRST DAY! Keep em swinging!

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
I cant complain about my ace 250 either. Still a rookie also with about ten hunts under my belt.

First off this machine will not miss a coin as you have found out. Here are a few other things but take them for what there worth as I am still learning myself.

Hunt in jewelry mode so as not to miss anything god. I have bench tested with as many pieces of jewelry I could get my hands on so far and the results; contemporary gold jewelry will give a solid nickel tone. I have been told this is because newer jewelry uses nickel as the base metal. Older gold can register anywhere outside the iron and foil notch and here's the strange part, it tends to jump around anywhere between the nickel up to the coin range. Trash items such as pull tabs give a solid tone and notch reading. So if you get a strong single that's jumping around in this range definitely dig it. If it jumps around and includes the iron foil range its almost always trash.

Silver will register in the coin range. After digging coins for hours you will tend to forget about anything else in this range and when a nice piece of silver pops out of he ground its a nice surprise.
My first ring find was like this. I had stopped counting coin digs at 50. I was about to end the hunt when I got a strong coin tone. Ho hum another dime. Dug down a few inches and found my first sterling silver ring. Motivated me to hunt for another hour or so.

good luck and above all have some fun out there.

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 710
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 707

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Welcome to Tnet,I would have to agree w/ everyone else if you find anything worthy of keeping it was a good first day.If i could suggest a few things they would be:

Do as much research for your area as possible

Use this forum to its most(even though alot of posts wont pertain to your area,you can still get a feel of where to go to find great stuff in your area)

Ask questions(at first i felt embarrassed and sometimes even foolish about the things i did not know)but the folks here are top notch,eager to help,and full of copious amounts of knowledge that can even make a newbie feel like an old friend.

Good Luck and HH

~Shawn~

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Welcome to a great hobby TG. I have only been at this for a little more than a month and have a good haul of clad and jewlery. Not as good as most on this site but it is growing. You will find everyone helpful with plenty of tips and advice. Looks like you are well on your way. Hope you find that ring.
HH

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Nice finds!! The Ace 250 is well worth the money!!

Spidey

Feb 20, 2007
Omaha
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Good job.

I just ordered an Ace 250 recently. I'm curious to see what happens when I go back over a playground that I've been over a few times with my Bounty Hunter.

R

RUDY2003

That is an excellent first day Dusty. Don't let anyone tell you different.....
Keep diggin'...

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Hey you did a great job and yes the Ace250 is a very nice little machine for the bucks. I am wondering what kind of soil might be in your area that gives you quarters at ten inches though. My guess is there is very little mineralization in that area??
HH
~Nash~

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok----so who was the u whoooo who polled so/so????

If memory serves me correct most of us attack the UPS guy, rip open the box as we are running for our back yard, and then stare in awe at that first pull tab or for the lucky few coin we pull out of the ground.

So I don't think you had a good day I think you had an outstanding first day! Now that being said you must only dig pull tabs for the rest of the week, so that your head doesn't swell too much with ego.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My ace 250 will find the smallest thing you ever thought possible. I've also found that silver rings show up as a dime. I also found a silver bracelet that showed up as a dime. Almost always gold rings show up as a nickel. Foil can be a little tricky though. Sometimes it will show up as a nickel at 2" and be right under the grass. When you find a silver coin you'll never forget the sharp tone it gives out. Aluminum cans show up as a dime at 8 plus inches and can give you a fit. Nice finds you got there. Dig everything you find until it gets the best of you. it will help you get to know your machine better. Best of luck to you.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
You had a great first day...now continue learning your machine...good luck...

Bertman

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Minelab E-Trac
Welcomt to Tnet Dusty ;D ... You have done very well for the first time out... Keep the finds commin...

HH Robert

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent job!!! You look like a natural!

BTW - are those arrowhead "points" in your avatar picture?? I'm not a collector, just an admirer of native american things - I just don't know that I've seen anything like them before - perfectly shaped - any chance you can post a bigger picture and tell us the story behind them?

OP
OP
treasureguy

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
thanks for the replys all, looking forward to seeing your finds also, getting use to these hunted hard parks maybe i will find a homestead or somewhere else here shortly to find some old coins or other treasrure to post on here , keep it swinging

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread