South Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488225152.547986.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488225636.116760.jpg
Back at the Mossy Shoe Mansion(1800's farm house) on Saturday for a couple more hours. I tried clearing some debris around the foundation hoping to find more pay dirt. Nothing going with this strategy.

So I hit the woods within 50' of the house and found 3 more cap guns, 1917 &1918 wheats and a 1937 nickel. This is the second trip there with no silver, so was thinking the site may have finally tapped out. Then the unthinkable happened, a couple with 2 dogs walks through the woods to the foundation. The guy is super fascinated with what I was doing and started rattling off on a YouTube dude named Aqua-Chigger. Before he leaves, he says that he has a friend with a detector and he will bring him to the site...

At least this happened on my 6th visit and was already feeling it was tapped out, but I'm getting a DD coil in a couple weeks and wanted to eek out a few more...

But my first virgin treated me pretty well:

31 wheats
2 ihps
2 barber dimes
4 Rosie's
1 SLQ
3 nickels pre 1940
1 flat button, Jackson Victory

Back to researching some new sites.

Upvote 13

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like that site paid off handsomely.

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jackson Victory button from your earlier hunts is amazing! Congratulations on the 3-gun day as well. I don't think I've ever read about a 3-gun day before.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a fun place hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an excellent post! That site has treated u well, and I'm sure most will agree when I say there is plenty more to be found there, including silver. An early 1800 site has had a LOOONG time to shed many artifacts; coins, guns, buttons. I'm willing to bet my oldest coin that you will be surprised what you can still pull out the hole..coins on edge, masked by iron or simply just out of reach until you hit it at JUST the right angle...congrats pa...I've enjoyed seeing all your posts here...looking forward to seeing more! Ddf

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I googled the Aqua Chugger guy. He found 100+ colonial and Spanish silvers in one hunt and he didn't seem too excited about it, sort of just doing his thing. Other videos seem more realistic, but he seems like a good dude. I guess this gets more people into the hobby.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen some of his videos. All are pretty well done. There is no way in perdition I am going into the water like he does. Snakes, chiggers, leeches, etc.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O yes...Aquachigger...Beau is a SUPER down to earth dude...retired senator or something like that...I watched every one of his videos he had before I got my machine. I especially enjoy his videos of him snorkeling in rivers and simply scooping up handfuls of rings in one fell swoop...he rescues baby deer, foxes etc...all on video too...very humble guy, if you haven't yet, look him up...you'll see what we mean! Ddf

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great site! I bet there is much more to be found... it'll be interesting to see what the DD pops up. See if you can find an old county/town map and compare it to what is there now... I'm sure you will find even more sites. Yeah, love the Chigg! His Patreon account is the only donation I make or ever have made... fully support his work.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another nice hunt from a site that you've done very well at! :thumbsup:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still not going in the water! Even when he's not digging, the videos are very nice.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was an awesome site while it lasted- Congrats and on to the next!

-- Jeff --

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Almost never is a site truely tapped. I said it once about one of mine, and found a sweet Nova Constelatio.

Keep at it!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're still using the ACE 250, a DD coil will turn that dirt into a new hunting site.
Congrats on a nice hunt.

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you're still using the ACE 250, a DD coil will turn that dirt into a new hunting site.
Congrats on a nice hunt.

Still using my A250, she's been good to me. There is a ton of rusty nails in the front of the house. I can imagine the porch canopy collapsed in this area during the fire. Hoping the DD will give better separation and another inch or so of depth.

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
O yes...Aquachigger...Beau is a SUPER down to earth dude...retired senator or something like that...I watched every one of his videos he had before I got my machine. I especially enjoy his videos of him snorkeling in rivers and simply scooping up handfuls of rings in one fell swoop...he rescues baby deer, foxes etc...all on video too...very humble guy, if you haven't yet, look him up...you'll see what we mean! Ddf

My 14 year old son is not interested in MDing at all, but he knew about Aqua Chigger. I guess he is sort of a celebrity for all of the iPhones he finds and returns.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread