Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I went on a metal detecting hunt today with a friend, my second hunt of the year, at the same spot where I found my colonial sundial, they actually were there on that specific hunt. During my first hunt on Saturday I found a Shoe Buckle. The temperature was pretty nice, but once it started to get late it got a little chilly. The first thing that I found was a interesting old Cub Scouts neckerchief, which is pretty cool because I have an extremely similar Boy Scouts neckerchief which I also found. My friend called out saying that they found something, a weird thingamajig. I cleaned it a little and saw the words, "Plan LTD", we then were able to open it up and see that it was a compass. We didn't find much else, except for an old sign saying, "No Go-Karts, Motorcycles, Mini-Bikes, or other Terrestrial Vehicles Allowed on School Grounds", which was a few inches under ground, beside an old stone wall. I guess that those woods have been bad luck for travelers throughout the years. One person lost a way to tell time, another direction, and a Cub Scout lost his neckerchief while exploring the woods.

Also, Anyone have any ideas on how I could remove the glass and clean the dial, it is dry under the glass, but with a large amount of Aluminium Oxide
DSC_0005.JPG DSC_0005.JPG DSC_0003.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    470.6 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    386.1 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 18
OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
It's in pretty good condition for it's age (except for surface corrosion and stuff under the glass) , any chance of getting it to work again?

Last edited:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's an awesome relic.
Nice going

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! You can take it to a watchmaker and ask if he could do something for you. Personally i would leave it as is. It's an Artifact. If you don't have navigation on your cellphone you can buy a compass, even the WWI Army Corps Compass for less than the restauration cost. :thumbsup:

IndianaBonesMD

Mar 12, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that's a very nice find. Well done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread