Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now what does one have to do with the other??
On Saturday I revisited a spot where a house once stood. The area is now part of a park but it has been giving up some really nice finds.
I didn't get a lot of targets but I did get some nice variety and some quality finds. One of the first targets I recovered was a 1919 Mercury Dime.
When I saw the detail on this baby, I gently removed some dirt with a wooden toothpick. Most of the Mercury Dimes that I have been getting from this location have been badly worn. Another coin that escaped the Wheat Tub is a 1918s Wheat Penny. I cleaned it and put it in a cardboard folder.
Now the New Orleans key fob almost didn't get dug. It had a rusty key ring attached to it and The DEUS was reading Iron. I cught enough of the fob with the coil to make me curious. Isn't there a party getting ready to start down there? I think they call it "Mardi Gras."
Now for the Israel part of the story. I dug out a small medallion with a Menorah on it. I didn't think it was anything special until I got it home and started to clean it. On the back of the medallion is some writing and a date. It got me to do a little research.
On May 14, 1948, a group of 350 men et at a secret location in Tel Aviv. The result of the meeting was The Declaration of The State of Israel.
Imagine if this medallion belonged to one of those original 350 persons.

IMG_6130.JPG IMG_6131.JPG

IMG_6133.JPG IMG_6140.JPG

IMG_6139.JPG IMG_6136.JPG

IMG_6137.JPG IMG_6141.JPG

Upvote 10

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad looking lady at 98! Nice, unusual variety of digs, congratulations!

fredbug 67

Oct 12, 2013
Mahwah,NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -XP Deus-
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That Merc looks like it was dropped the day it was minted! Nice find!!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That dime is in fantastic condition

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread