Talk about a bucket lister!

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to the promising 1600s farm that I recently got permission on. My first hunt was nothing short of spectacular as I hoped. Come to find out, I am the first person to hunt this property!

The home owner had asked if I could find a couple of arrows that had been lost in her back yard. I found 2/3 and while searching I found this neat silver washed/gilt flat button with shank.
IMG_1631.JPG

After hunting for a few hours and finding a musket ball, a bunch of modern bullets and some toy cars, I came across a coin that was only hitting 77-78 on my AT Pro (thought it was canslaw) I brought it home and gave it a very light cleaning, and BAM! 1764 could be seen on the coin, and a "M" right after the date! My oldest coin was a 1864 IHP, and now it's a 1764 Reale! Whaaaa!? I have the video of when I pulled it and making a youtube video/channel of my adventures. Here's some pics of everything. Thanks for reading all! Cheers!
IMG_1647.JPG IMG_1648.JPG
IMG_1620.JPG IMG_1646.JPG
IMG_2119.JPG IMG_2120.JPG

Upvote 45

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big congrats on the real :headbang: That has pillars and globes on the obverse, which is my favorite style Spanish Silver and one style I haven't dug yet. Excellent hunt and looking forward to your next post there.

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big congrats on the real :headbang: That has pillars and globes on the obverse, which is my favorite style Spanish Silver and one style I haven't dug yet. Excellent hunt and looking forward to your next post there.
Thanks Outdoor! Can't wait to go back!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh my.....congrats! One day.....I hope, lol.

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!

Just a heads up, i wouldnt post any videos showing any of the landmarks on the farm. If its truly been unhunted, you need to keep it to yourself for awhile and enjoy it thoroughly.

I got permission to a 1700s farm last year before the end of the season. I only got 1 chance to hunt it and got a musket ball and ox knob. The owner said im the only one whos asked to detect it since hes owned it. Im not sure how long.

He said theres a big bottle dump in the woods too he said i should check out. He has no interest in it. I cant wait to go back.

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!

Just a heads up, i wouldnt post any videos showing any of the landmarks on the farm. If its truly been unhunted, you need to keep it to yourself for awhile and enjoy it thoroughly.

I got permission to a 1700s farm last year before the end of the season. I only got 1 chance to hunt it and got a musket ball and ox knob. The owner said im the only one whos asked to detect it since hes owned it. Im not sure how long.

He said theres a big bottle dump in the woods too he said i should check out. He has no interest in it. I cant wait to go back.

Thanks for the heads up! I know the person and they wouldn't let anyone detect the property without me. I don't think that I have any landmarks in the videos to give away the location. :icon_thumleft:
You need to get back to that farm ASAP! Haha Best of luck when you head back there! Cheers!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Good story. Good pix. You east coast guys have all the fun !

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job with the Spanish. Likely an 1800's drop judging from the wear.

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome spot you've found HMF, I'm so happy for you! Hopefully there is alot more left to be found. I'm really curious about the relic that is in your hand, have you identified it yet? It almost looks like a bayonet.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your oldest coin to date

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome spot you've found HMF, I'm so happy for you! Hopefully there is alot more left to be found. I'm really curious about the relic that is in your hand, have you identified it yet? It almost looks like a bayonet.

Thanks Terpfan! I was able to identify it. Sorry if I left that out, I wrote this right after I found out about the Reale. Haha The object in my hand is a lightning rod that went to a weathervane. I initially thought it was some type of bayonet but luke_00 helped with the identity in "What is it" subforum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread