Old railroad bed/farm dump again....

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some more detecting finds at the seemingly bottomless old railroad bed/farm dumping grounds today include a vintage coffee pot, an old local White Dotte Farm 1 quart milk bottle, an Abbots Dairy (Philadelphia) 1/2 oz milk/cream bottle, an Insist On Virginia Dare Flavors 1 1/2 oz bottle, a small crystal bowl and a larger lid, a Duraglass 3 oz pharmacy bottle, a porcelain telephone pole insulator, a coffee cup, an old porcelain door knob etc. 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG

Upvote 15

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really envy you guys I love the display cases you have for all your bottles ect.. All this stuff is history its is so great to see, I have many bottles though I don't know bottles very well I love them in my display case and being able to research them. I remember all the open fields and land that was around when I was a kid.. I see lots of these fields and the like gone now and soon more and more land will be built on and these kinds of relics will be harder to find and more valuable also. It might just be me but I remember being younger finding cacoons frogs turtles snakes butterflies monarchs ect walking sticks praying mantisis what happened to all of those... Sorry going on a rant any way Always great finds Tommy

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a coin shooter myself...but I have to admit that a site like that would convert me for sure! Excellent stuff, always love seeing beautiful relics like those saved...congrats on a great dig...Ddf

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the enamel ware coffee pot. I have started saving all the old flattened pieces also. Its so fun digging bottles. I hiked 2 hours yesterday. Dug for about 2. Only found 1 warners safe. Still totally worth it. Hope that site doesn't run out:) I'm surprised more people don't focus on the outhouse pits, with their permissions. Congrats!

IndianaBonesMD

Mar 12, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool, love the marble doorknob and insulator on the bottom, just recently dug the same two.
Very nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread